Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 19:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 08:37 
User

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/OpEd-Contributor/Aristocrats-can-afford-car-free-days-8309689-62364542.html

56 years after it was decided it was needed, the Bedford Bypass is nearing completion. The last single carriageway length of it.We have the most photogenic mayor though, always being photographed doing nothing

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 09:09 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

If they stopped destroying local communities, and making public transport so expensive, that most ordinary people can’t afford it, then things might improve. It seems to me they don’t want you to travel anywhere, just stay at home like a good little dogs.

I was watching fat boy Prescott the other day going on about this very thing, but it he didn't mention about him giving up his two Jags. What’s good for the commoner is good for the Elite. And who’s flooding the UK with unwanted people.

Take care
Dixie
:)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 19:02 
User

Dixie wrote:
It seems to me they don’t want you to travel anywhere, just stay at home like a good little dogs

I see the message is getting across.......

Quote:
And who’s flooding the UK with unwanted people.

They're not unwanted. In a labour market with a lack of labour wages rise. In a labour market flooded with cheap, easy labour: Wages fall.
High wages lead to high inflation through high spending.

56 years after it was decided it was needed, the Bedford Bypass is nearing completion. The last single carriageway length of it.We have the most photogenic mayor though, always being photographed doing nothing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 20:51 
User

Dixie wrote:
If they stopped destroying local communities, and making public transport so expensive, that most ordinary people can’t afford it, then things might improve. It seems to me they don’t want you to travel anywhere, just stay at home like a good little dogs.

I was watching fat boy Prescott the other day going on about this very thing, but it he didn't mention about him giving up his two Jags. What’s good for the commoner is good for the Elite. And who’s flooding the UK with unwanted people.

Take care
Dixie
:)

Prescott made a big thing in 1997 of "walking to the tube station". His Jag followed him all the way with his "red boxes"

Sadly Dave Cameron fell into the same "look at me saving the planet" trap when elected Conservative Party leader :popcorn:

(Posted for Krissi's (Wildy's big sister's) amusement :lol: -sorry Peyote mate ! :lol: )
But realistically . if we really want to be green and get from A to B quickly .. HORSES! :lol: Faster than a biciycle too . and demands just as much "human stamina to control the beast" ... And the bye-product? Great for organic farming and my "kitchen and rose garden" :lol:

And you really cannot be more "aristocratic" than being a real horsey person :wink: given the Royal stables :wink:

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 00:31 
User

You think ?

http://www.enviroliteracy.org/article.php/578.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 02:01 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

jomukuk wrote:
They're not unwanted. In a labour market with a lack of labour wages rise. In a labour market flooded with cheap, easy labour: Wages fall.
High wages lead to high inflation through high spending.

Well I'd have to disagree with you on that one. I like to know just how much these unwanted people put back into the British economy. I'd also be interest where all the wages for these unwanted people goes, because I suspect most of it goes back to their own countries. The UK cannot support the people it had years ago, so it's no good flooding it with more people.

What all this seems to be about to me is, "demographics" and it's seems to me they are going all out to kill off the True British people, and a few others at the same time. But then again I could be wrong, or maybe as some put it, I'm becoming paranoid. :)

Take care all
Dixie
:bighand:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:49 
User

There is nothing stopping you moving to (for instance) Poland !
The free market works both ways.
AND, the young Polish women have rather nice b.......posteriors.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 20:29 
User

jomukuk wrote:

:hehe:

I have to admit that 32 million of us commuting by horse ....:yikes: puts being elbowed by fellow cyclists in a close hubbled jam .. into some different perspective . . especially with the "pong of horsey and human sweat .... human farts.. into some perspective."

I am sure if we still carried on on horseback .. we would not be as horrified as we are today at the thought of eating horse meat... and would perhaps have "glue lakes" as well as wine and milk lakes :yikes: per the EU CAP policy etc.... :yikes: We'd have "set aside for horse pastures perhaps. I doubt if animal rights campaigners would be so active as they'd still need to use a horse.. :popcorn: I think I am saying that lifestyle and imposed way of life shape cultural norms and ideological protesters and dreamers alike..:popcorn:

There's no easy way out. Each generation "stewards his/her stay on the planet" according to the way of life and technologies available. Either we evolved with this gene or God created us with a gene which makes us try to understand our world... whichever view you subscribe to... our human condition and desire to bequeath knowledge/culture and constant seeking to understand our lot in life prevails regardless.

Sadly . we will always have a hierarchy/pecking order because of the varing levels of potential capabilities. I'd love to see it achieved by merit and not by accident of birth all the same... even though my parents hard work and middle class standing helped me achieve the means to continue and provide for my own offspring to a similar level of current lifestyle's expectancy/standard/demands/satisfactions etc. but with a legacy hopefully of aspiring higher than I did in my productive years all the same :popcorn:

But what I would like to see is respect for others and some basic standard of comfort and rights - including the privileged right of :steering: for all and which was achieved by passing a very hard test of their skills here. :popcorn:

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.