Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 15:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 23:39 
User

Hi all,

don't know if any of you seen the daily Record (Scotland) letters page yesterday about me nearly being involved in an accident because of a speed camera (the topic is in this forum).

So i wrote about it to the record and some guy replied saying and i quote "In reply to A.S. of port Glasgow: how long does it take to look at your speedo? I'd say a tenth of a second. If he/she had to look twice (at the speedo), what speed were they doing? Obviously well over the limit.
People like this use any excuse to cover for their bad driving. Get them off our roads".

Just proves the blinkered approach of mister normal. If it takes 100ms to unfocus from the road, focus on the speedo, register the speed and refocus on the road ahead then I will lick a cows ass !

If you think about it I would have to check the speedo again to make sure my speed was corrected from the first task wouldn't I ? DDUUHH !!

The speed I was doing was around 38MPH, reducing my speed to about 34MPH as the camera activates above about this (don't want to chance it)

I posted a reply tonight (13th April) and hope it is in the paper Wednesday or Thursday. Reply is shit because they won't print a large letter with hundreds of figures, which incidentally i did work out that at about a second to check the speedo (AT LEAST) I would have travelled 60% of the stopping distance at 30MPH (about 44 feet) leaving 31 feet from the 75 feet stopping distance and considering the thinking distance of 30 feet I have then ONE foot in which to halt the car, that is, assuming a car pulled out exactly 75 feet from me when doing 30MPH. Need to try the speedo check times on the website.

Andrew

Profile Send private message