The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 02:44 
Site Admin

BBC News wrote:
Thought-powered helicopter takes off
5 June 2013 Last updated at 00:01 Help

Researchers have harnessed the power of thought to guide a remote-control helicopter through an obstacle course.

The demonstration joins a growing number of attempts to translate the electrical patterns of thoughts into motions in the virtual and real world.

Applications range from assisting those with neurodegenerative disorders to novel modes of video game play.

The research in the Journal of Neural Engineering uses a non-invasive "cap" to capture brain electrical activity.

Prof Bin He, director of the University of Minnesota's Institute for Engineering in Medicine and senior author on the new research, explained how it worked.
Clearly it is a long way off 'for real' but how amazing ! Where will technology be in 100 years !
Fuel won't be the issue ... we will just think our way through the working day - perhaps! :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 13:29 
User

I have just imagined I had a cake for lunch... and very nice it was too! Lemon Drizzle cake - I can taste the tangy lemon on my tongue!

The brain is a marvelous device, and you can extend your imagination with training.

Seriously though, I wonder how easy a distraction could spoil a brainwave and the resulting interpretation?

Profile Send private message