Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 08:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: nuisance speeders
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 14:03 
User

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-12660285, i wonder how many of the 152 nuisance speeders out of 16381 were doing 31 mph, do the VAS sysstem have a data recording system installed

Post subject: Re: nuisance speeders
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 15:01 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

More facts:

Motorists Praised after Speed Survey in Chesterton

Google Map link showing both roads

Now the NIMBYS have been proven wrong, expect calls for alternative methods of spite, such as reducing those limits; then they can prove how nasty those pesky drivers are!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 16:53 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

And I'm sure the usual "using the road as a racetrack" complaints would yield very similar results.

Any views expressed in this post are personal opinions and may not represent the views of Safe Speed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 17:09 
Gold Member
Gold Member

They’re probably just trying to save money on petrol. I’m surprised BRAKE hasn’t advocated 50 quid a gallon; that’ll stop people speeding. :roll:

I wonder how long before we go down the Spanish route. (Probably a separate thread sorry).

You will be branded a threat to society by going over a speed limit where it is safe to do so, and suffer the consequences of your actions in a way criminals do not, more so than someone who is a real threat to our society.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 18:27 

Which just goes to show, once again, how useless people on foot are at judging the speed of cars. Time after time, we hear of people complaining of "speeding" being a problem in the area and so often, it is proven to be fruitless.
Unfortunately most councils, just listen to the "bleaters" and install speed bumps and other unneccesary "problems", when they should check the facts first.

My views do not represent Safespeed but those of a driver who has driven for 39 yrs, in all conditions, at all times of the day & night on every type of road and covered well over a million miles, so knows a bit about what makes for safety on the road,what is really dangerous and needs to be observed when driving and quite frankly, the speedo is way down on my list of things to observe to negotiate Britain's roads safely, but I don't expect some fool who sits behind a desk all day to appreciate that.