Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 06:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 00:47 
New User
New User

I have investigated Gatso cameras for 3 years and can now prove they are unreliable evidence.The proof is displayed on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpaFOiQQSro

It`s very complicated to explain, but the fault with Gatsos being activated by oncoming traffic has been covered up by Gatso for obvious reasons, and the Home Office staff and police staff pretended they tested the cameras and the fault does not exist.These staff have since retired on big pensions.The fault does exist, but the police normally destroy photos showing no vehicles in the target zone, and send out NIP`s to everyone else knowing that they will probably pay up because they allege technology is foolproof.

It`s a scam, and if the photos are massively out of order they normally drop the case before it reaches Court because they can`t risk being proved wrong. They need the money from fines to pay for their big salaries and pensions,and will go to extreme lengths to deny the truth.You can`t blame them for their self interest.
I went to Court to defend a charge of 36mph but got fined over two hundred pounds, so I know the system is WRONG and feel justified in exposing the corruption and collusion.
Please see my videos, and advise Magistrates and your friends that, under some circumstances, a camera activation may NOT be actually caused by the vehicle in the photo zone.

The Magistrates must be brought to their senses by showing them this evidence, and they must discover a new perspective on police reliability and how they have been deceived in the past.
Best wishes, denny174

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 20:52 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

In the similar thread you posted within the PePiPoo forums, someone responded with this. Doesn't that post address your concerns?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 09:04 
User

Dear denny174

I fear you have set out with the wrong premise and your conclusion is meaningless.

Let's say the following situation occurs:
1. A correctly set-up Gatso in "receding only" mode is operating
2. A number of vehicles approaching that Gatso sets off the Gatso during its operation
3. Prosecutions are issued for cars travelling away from the Gatso

As I understand it, your issue is that the Gatso is somehow not operating correctly because it has reacted to oncoming vehicles so cannot be used for prosecutions of receding vehicles.

As long as the Gatso is reading the correct speed for receding vehicles the evidence can be used for prosecutions.

You may of course bring evidence, if you have any, that the mode of operation renders the Gatsometer inaccurate; that is your right. The problem you have in that respect is that the mode you assume indicates a fatal fault in the device or the law indicates no such fault and is not fatal to a prosecution.

If the approaching vehicles have their speeds measured and that can be evidenced to be correct that evidence too can be used to prosecute the drivers of the approaching vehicles. It can't be used to certify the evidence by section 20 of the Road Traffic Offenders' Act, the Act defining Type Approval because the conditions of Type Approval must be met to be able to issue a certificate. If the evidence is presented by a witness using a section 9 Criminal Justice Act statement and that witness can support the evidence from the approaching vehicle measurement of the Gatso then that too can be used to prosecute a speeding offence.

Perhaps you should have sought assistance in the law surrounding Home Office Type Approval, Speeding Offences, Rules of Evidence and Criminal Procedures before you embarked on your investigation; you could have done something else for 3 years.

Something of comfort for you; you are not alone in your misconception so no shame there.

My advice would be to retract your claim to prevent you from further embarrassment. If you do not agree or accept this advice then you are perfectly entitled to send in your findings so they can be answered. Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 15:08 

Quote:
My advice would be to retract your claim to prevent you from further embarrassment.

Something that you ought to think about maybe, considering some of the more ridiculous claims that you have made on this site over the last two years, greenshed?

My views do not represent Safespeed but those of a driver who has driven for 39 yrs, in all conditions, at all times of the day & night on every type of road and covered well over a million miles, so knows a bit about what makes for safety on the road,what is really dangerous and needs to be observed when driving and quite frankly, the speedo is way down on my list of things to observe to negotiate Britain's roads safely, but I don't expect some fool who sits behind a desk all day to appreciate that.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 15:05 

:sub:

My views do not represent Safespeed but those of a driver who has driven for 39 yrs, in all conditions, at all times of the day & night on every type of road and covered well over a million miles, so knows a bit about what makes for safety on the road,what is really dangerous and needs to be observed when driving and quite frankly, the speedo is way down on my list of things to observe to negotiate Britain's roads safely, but I don't expect some fool who sits behind a desk all day to appreciate that.