Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ticket 31 in 30
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 09:56 
User

For some strange reason the media seem to like quoting you and your website. I think it is simply becuse you are prepared to say what they want you to say and it is outside support for sensation.

You are "acting on it" because you are publishing this information and passing it to the media in interviews. They are seeking your opinion as reassurance for that information yet you have none. Do you say, for instance, "I heard this...but I haven't seen any proof of it..." It seems you do not unless challenged or pressed.

There have been a number of FoI requests for the speeds at which the olice have issued penalties for, I understand this may even have led to regular publication of the data so further requests need not be made because the inormation is already published regularly. In all that where was the thousands of tickets issued below 35mph or at speeds below the higher limit thresholds? Oh! There was none.

While you say that you can discuss it and seek opinion you have to consider that your denial of he facts or perhaps conveniently not accepting the data available to you that other irresponsible media entities will borrow your apparent but flawed authority on these matters to validate their sensational but inaccurate stories.

You do have reasons not to believe the story related to you on the radio, you have nothing to back that up and despite asking for it that person had nothing to support what she was saying. This is contradictory itself because you are prepared o beleive one thing, the 34mph story, but not the lternative when you have been told no data exixts to support it and you ignore what has already been released to support it. It is probably your friends who have requested and been given the data.

Now back to the relavance of you and your site. It takes weeks or months to get any form of response from what has become an irellevance, if it ever was relevant. If a response is given it is conjecture and makes little sense and in the case of your last response immediately above, is careless and shows clearly you are off-the-ball when it comes to available information. Like the radio interviewee, facts are simply not relevant to you and are mostly inconvenient.

By all means debate these things but do try to stop yourself promoting what you would like to be facts as facts when they are simply your imagination. Perhaps mention to those in the press that the campaign is now reduced to the ame 3 or 4 people exchanging views once every 3 or 4 weeks and where its leader dips in once or twice every three or 4 months to write flights of fancy. :hello: (ooops, i thought that wave meant goodbye)

EDIT: To correct spellink and grammar......I can't be arsed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 01:51 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Quote:
(GS ,said) :hello: (ooops, i thought that wave meant goodbye)

An alter ego said ( nay, PROMISED) likewise on another site ( PH).
Perhaps you might like to promise to do likewise .But if you you ever get converted ,so that you can see both sides of the safety situation, I'd welcome you back. Road & transport safety is not all about speed.
As you said ""You should perhaps start acting on fact not fantasy."

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 23:48 
Site Admin

I think admitting that I don't have the proof is being honest and direct.
Claiming that it doesn't happen isn't terribly productive.

Trying to understand the public opinion and understanding that it is and does happen ought to be of concern when Greenshed you have claimed that it doesn't. I appreciate that a presenter admitting on air to have been got at 34 when you say 35 is minimum and she had no reason to lie, isn't enough proof perhaps. It is sad that she wouldn't feel comfortable challenging it. And this is where the human psychology comes in. People feel guilty for being 'caught out' and to them the fact that it is at a speed below the prosecution threshold doesn't remove the guilt and hence so they don't want to challenge.
For the prosecution it is a 'win win' situation. To us it is frustrating as it is WRONG.
I dare say some people might lie about the speed that they are caught doing, but equally they cannot all be lying.

I would very much like to see the proof. I do think it goes on - people being prosecuted for speeds below 10% +2 yet where is the reminders in the post with the NIP that if this is below 10%+2mph you can ask for it to be removed. Why not include this phrase IF you are so convinced that it never happens ... it won't matter will it ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 13:02 
Site Admin

So let's say Greenshed that I find someone who is willing to provide the paperwork, showing a NIP below the 10%+2 (in an automated camera enforcement location), how can you then have that removed from their licence please?
I am assuming it would involve a Court ? Or do you have other ways in which it will be removed and if so how?
If you cannot tell me, then how can I ask someone to trust that I can help them have this removed ? How can I know that your statement to have these points/fine removed will be honoured?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 16:34 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think that with the proof ( posted by SS2) that GS ( IMHO S = a lot of droppings from the rear end of a cow) ,that GS is a HOSTILE poster, and we should have a vote on whether hostile posters should have posting rights removed .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 22:42 
Site Admin

Sorry Botach but all posters with all views have always been welcomed here. It is important to communicate our thoughts with all those who wish to ask questions about speed and auto camera enforcement. Where else can they ask and be taken seriously... :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 19:35 
User

SafeSpeedv2 wrote:
So let's say Greenshed that I find someone who is willing to provide the paperwork, showing a NIP below the 10%+2 (in an automated camera enforcement location), how can you then have that removed from their licence please?
I am assuming it would involve a Court ? Or do you have other ways in which it will be removed and if so how?
If you cannot tell me, then how can I ask someone to trust that I can help them have this removed ? How can I know that your statement to have these points/fine removed will be honoured?

You seem to be living in a fantasy world. I have never made these statements at all. I said:
"If you get a notice with a SAC offered at less than 10%+ 2mph let me know and I will take it up with the SAC administrators and the force issuing it"

That means I will attempt to find out the circumstances of the issue of such a ticket. Maybe you can find where I have said what you claim.

There is nothing to stop police issuing tickets at the low speeds however this is not routine and the SAC parameters prevent speeds lower than 10% +2mph from being offered a course.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 00:06 
Gold Member
Gold Member

GreenShed wrote:
"If you get a notice with a SAC offered at less than 10%+ 2mph let me know and I will take it up with the SAC administrators and the force issuing it"

That means I will attempt to find out the circumstances of the issue of such a ticket. Maybe you can find where I have said what you claim.

I seem to remember another poster( which other members on here will verify) going under another user name( =you) ,on another site, who said that "this would be my last post". As in the song, perhaps - "this will be my last ???, this will be my last ???" , etc. Maybe, we don't know. And neither does the other site. Don't infer what you can't achieve.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:47 
Site Admin

Greenshed wrote:
... I have never made these statements at all. I said:
(you must notify if you have boldened part of another's text.)
You have said it to me in person. I said "automated enforcement" which is when SAC are offered.
So this new more precise statement is not quite what you have previously stated and not so definite.
So are you now aware, that NIPs are being issued for speeds lower than the 10% +2mph guidelines ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 15:44 

SafeSpeedv2 wrote:
I appreciate that a presenter admitting on air to have been got at 34 when you say 35 is minimum and she had no reason to lie,

No reason apart from the simple one. It sounds less bad to say you got caught at 34 than 40. Especially if you are going to say that on air.

Changing your story doesn't look good either so once a person has made the tiny lie they will stick with it. That is simple human nature.

Until I see an actual ticket I will just assume people either forget the speed on the ticket or make something up which makes them sound less bad than they really were.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 16:39 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wouldn’t a simple FOI request put this matter to bed?

I’ve never requested one myself and I’m not sure how it would best be worded. But we are allowed to know what the Police know and have on record, are we not?

You will be branded a threat to society by going over a speed limit where it is safe to do so, and suffer the consequences of your actions in a way criminals do not, more so than someone who is a real threat to our society.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 07:51 
Site Admin

Its actually quite hard because the private companies that run the courses don't have to provide details.
Asking for the speed data of NIPs is a more interesting one.
The Police Authorities for each Force will hold this data. However the DVLA ought to hold the data too.

We could also ask the DVLA for an FOI for all drivers who have received more than 9 points on their licences too. Could also ask that for years since 92 (if not longer).
That gives an indication on how many might prefer to opt for a Course than points. Obtaining the numbers of people being sent NIPs/yr from their outset.

To complete an FOI yes, you just ask straight forward preferably simple questions. If you make them too involved they are less likely to complete the request or will make a charge.