The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 22:33 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... urses.html

Claire Armstrong, of protection group Safe Speed, said: “I think the AA should at least justify this incredible amount they seem to be making.”
After the AA roots ,it seems despicable that they are involved in the seedy side of so called road safety.

Nice one ,Claire

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 20:54 

:clap:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 23:53 

Nice sound bite Claire - well said! Mrs. Mole and I have cancelled our AA membership. They're clearly not working for the interests of the motorist, so we went elsewhere. Hopefully, more motorists will do likewise as they cotton-on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 00:15 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
MEMO FOR SITE ADMIN.And I'm not posing this with any involvement with the company, but as a very satisfied customer.

Might be worth asking Adrian Flux to offer discounts for members. (And sponsorship for site). As a member of another motoring site, I get 15% discount on my car insurance. Add to that, if I take out breakdown cover on renewal, I get Breakdown+recovery +homestart for £54 ,and if taken out later on £68. https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/breakdown/.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:19 
User

:gatso2: I've never understood why the AA seem to be the "chosen ones" in terms of running speed awareness courses.

I've taken advantage of driver training from IAM an RoADA instructors. To me, they would seem to be a better choice in terms of speed awareness education.

Are the powers that be afraid of the IAM or RoADA telling the truth that excessive speed is A cause of accidents. Not necessarily THE cause of accidents And it's more to do with driver inattention?

You cannot watch a speedometer all the time. If you do, that's inattention.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 18:24 

Yes indeed. The truth is out there but the powers that be, don't want us all to know.

It's not about making driving safer, (if it was, the roads wouldn't be the battle zone that they are today), it's all about making money.

My views do not represent Safespeed but those of a driver who has driven for 39 yrs, in all conditions, at all times of the day & night on every type of road and covered well over a million miles, so knows a bit about what makes for safety on the road,what is really dangerous and needs to be observed when driving and quite frankly, the speedo is way down on my list of things to observe to negotiate Britain's roads safely, but I don't expect some fool who sits behind a desk all day to appreciate that.