Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 18:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:57 
Site Admin

I'm on live by telephone at about 12:05pm talking about speed cameras.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 13:41 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have heard the facts many times - but I thought Paul presented a particularly well constructed argument, helped by the (apparently) sympathetic interviewer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 19:09 

Listen again, for a day, at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks ... idday_show

BBC Radio Essex, The Midday Show, A topical look at life in Essex and what's making the news

Starts 6min and 30secs into the programme.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 23:00 
Life Member
Life Member

Good interview -- definitely helped by the presenter being sympathetic and giving you lots of airtime. She even said the website URL twice ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 01:14 

Excellent once again. Paul's really got this down to an art now. Almost as artistically good as what preceded him (David Bowie)....

Coming up with substantive, non-bullshit answers to questions straight away without even pausing or "umm"ing is an amazing ability, and it also shows that the truth is on our side. No way could that interview have been bluffed.

As has been stated, it does help hugely to have a sympathetic (i.e. non-brainwashed) interviewer who doesn't keep cutting Paul off. Interruption and general obfuscation are one of the very few weapons that the scamerati followers have left. DfT must be absolutely cacking themselves, and it's high time. They would be doing themselves a favour, especially considering the probable election, if they came clean now and ended the madness.

"The freedom provided by the motor vehicle is not universally applauded, however: there are those who resent the loss of state control over individual choice that the car represents. Such people rarely admit their prejudices openly; instead, they make false or exaggerated claims about the adverse effects of road transport in order to justify calls for higher taxation or restrictions on mobility." (Conservative Way Forward: Stop The War Against Drivers)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 02:44 

bombus wrote:
Excellent once again. Paul's really got this down to an art now. Almost as artistically good as what preceded him (David Bowie)....

Coming up with substantive, non-bullshit answers to questions straight away without even pausing or "umm"ing is an amazing ability, and it also shows that the truth is on our side. No way could that interview have been bluffed.

As has been stated, it does help hugely to have a sympathetic (i.e. non-brainwashed) interviewer who doesn't keep cutting Paul off. Interruption and general obfuscation are one of the very few weapons that the scamerati followers have left. DfT must be absolutely cacking themselves, and it's high time. They would be doing themselves a favour, especially considering the probable election, if they came clean now and ended the madness.

Good points, I also think that the cool, calm and collected delivery scores oodles of points.
And I love the remark about them "cacking themselves" :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 03:06 

This interview also illustrates an interesting "model" which is probably worth re-using:

Scamerati method:
- patronising approach
- terrorised drivers
- many fines and points imposed on society (production line punishment)
- poor road safety result (higher number of deaths, loss of trend)

SafeSpeed method:
- positive approach
- encourages more responsible driving
- far fewer fines and points imposed on society (intelligent policing)
- improved road safety (fewer deaths, restoration of trend)