Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 01:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 19:34 
User

speed kills wrote:
Drive an old banger. nobody will steel it and even if they did it will only cost a one-er to replace.

Its not rocket science!

You should invest in a decent set of wheels... use some of your dosh from selling your over priced London semi ...

You telling me you drive a throwaway? Recyled insurance write-off or cut and shut? Tend to target these old bangers for that reason

Personally find old cars get nicked because you can actually nick them more easily....

chap with daft log-on name and I refuse to type it as matter of principle! wrote:
If you have some top notch BM, its just a magnet for the keying, by everyone who doesnt have a top knotch BM. It may do 130mph, but since the speed limit is 70 whats the point.

Track days... holidays in Germany..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

chap with daft log on name and I refuse to type it as a matter of principle wrote:
All in all driving a wreck is the way to go, police dont even bother to send tickets as they can see you are not a payer.

I would give you a producer ... check everything on the car I could conceivably nick you for... after all more than likely not to be taxed or insured as insurance and tax collectively probably exceeds value of the car....

Amazing how often that occurs as well in our certain pockets of chavburbs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 19:40 
User

[quote"chap with daft name and I refuse to type it as matter of principle]maybe in your neck o the woods, theives still hotwire cars.

But here in london they just take your keys.[/quote]

Arfur Daley! :roll:

A Peter says - you are a silly boy who leaves them on the hall table. Besides - thought you said you drove a wreck?

That to disguise fact you are a naff diver then :wink: :wink: :lol: :wink: :wink: (just kidding.... or am I :lol: :shock: )

daft chap with name I just cannot type wrote:
Since they havent come up with fingerprint starters yet , this will work on any car.

If they did come up with fingerprint keys then I for one wouldnt want one!

Oh - do I have your prints on file then :wink: ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 20:28 
Suspended
Suspended

They dont have to take them from your hall, they take them straight out of your wifes hand, and she better not argue. Even yours if you are none too quick.

If keys dont start your car but fingers do, what are they going to take?

As for retina scaners..................dont go there.

The benefits of an old wreck are countless, get a puncture....leave it in a ditch, get a wheel clamp.......get the bus.

Best of all, it gives you the bonus, that if anything happens, and the cops are gona be asking lots of dificult questions.........well you can always just get out and run. They are too slow to catch you, just be sure n go cross country.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 02:37 
User

speeder on the quiet wrote:
They dont have to take them from your hall, they take them straight out of your wifes hand, and she better not argue. Even yours if you are none too quick.

Blimey - you are odd! Most blokes complain that it is all my fault cos I cannot be prat@rsed to get out me blue lights and me whoo-whoos and come and arrest the mugging villains - as am more concerned with nabbing real criminals in their cars ..... :roll:

closet speeder wrote:
The benefits of an old wreck are countless, get a puncture....leave it in a ditch, get a wheel clamp.......get the bus.

Do that and I will do you under the "Refuse Disposal (Amenity) Act of 1978 in which s 2 states that any person without lawful authority abandons on any land in the open air or on any land forming part of the highway, a moor vehicle or anything which formed part of a motoro vehicle and was removed from it in the course of dismantiling it

... shall be guilty of an offence....

S 11 includes trailers...as well.

closet speeder wrote:
Best of all, it gives you the bonus, that if anything happens, and the cops are gona be asking lots of dificult questions.........well you can always just get out and run. They are too slow to catch you, just be sure n go cross country.

Too slow to catch you? Besides - you would be not be running that fast as you keep bangin' on about speed being dangerous .... you might trip and hurt yourself!

Man - they make us work out and give us bikes and fast cars with whoo- whoos and flashing lights

You are fair game as one of them blinkin' drivers ...... bigger criminal than a burglar and we can do our bit for the economy by ensuring your dosh goes straight to the Top Boy whose consitituency is in our patch....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 05:27 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

speeder on the quiet wrote:
They dont have to take them from your hall, they take them straight out of your wifes hand, and she better not argue. Even yours if you are none too quick

A development is in train - but not for bangers - that will put a stop to this. Volvo are on it (and others will follow soon). Not allowed to talk about it (although it may by now be public domain). It's a godsend for women alone - for peace of mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 08:55 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

I was reading in another forum about a guy that had his nissan stolen. The police caught the thief with several sets of keys to other stolen cars in a stolen vehicle, including the guy's nissan and they bailed the chap. The UK has one of the highest car crime rates in the world and letting them out straight off doesn't help. It would be much better to lock them up straight away so they can't do a flit.

How do they let magistrates let these career criminals out on bail?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 09:05 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

Roger wrote:

A development is in train - but not for bangers - that will put a stop to this. Volvo are on it (and others will follow soon). Not allowed to talk about it (although it may by now be public domain). It's a godsend for women alone - for peace of mind.

Hmm. So if they want to steal your car they have to take the owner as well??? I can imagine the sort of thing, either biometric keys, rfi tags in something unobtrusive. Hopefully they'll make sure they theives can drive off but only 50 m or so then you can have time to hide before they come back to beat you up. Bullet proofing as standard? That'll do wonders for fuel economy :D

Much better to tackle why cars are stolen and stop there being money in it. Inventing a new type of x ray machine which could scan export crates for car parts and cars so that none of them ever got out of the country would be a great disincentive for stealing cars.

The joyriders are a different problem. Council run racetracks where all young people can go play cars in safety might be an idea. Instead of limiting it to convicted car criminals which causes resentment then you make it availble to all the young folk in the area. I'm sure the middle classes would get narked with all these people with their max power bodykits hanging around but if it means they leave their pride and joy on their drive rather than having it handbraked turned around the nearest out of town shopping centre then they should be happy.