Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 14:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 18:22 

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2013 ... n-protest/

My views do not represent Safespeed but those of a driver who has driven for 39 yrs, in all conditions, at all times of the day & night on every type of road and covered well over a million miles, so knows a bit about what makes for safety on the road,what is really dangerous and needs to be observed when driving and quite frankly, the speedo is way down on my list of things to observe to negotiate Britain's roads safely, but I don't expect some fool who sits behind a desk all day to appreciate that.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 19:15 

Looking at this comment on the article - not much!

Disappointed parent of child at Woodfield
May 23, 2013 13:39

A load of nonsense!!! Caused all sorts of trouble with parents being forced to park on the other side of the school between the barracks and The Beacon. Surprised there wasn't an accident!

I suppose it might have shown the kids how easy and safe it is to walk on the roads if there are no cars. Mind you, there might have been some tears at home time when they realised that they actually depend on cars to get to and from school! At least they got a nice day for it....

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 22:15 

The problem is, there are cars on all roads and more so than ever before ....the majority, as Mole points out, taking kids to and from school. surely it would be far better to accept this and work around it than try and ban cars from the road for an hour.

My views do not represent Safespeed but those of a driver who has driven for 39 yrs, in all conditions, at all times of the day & night on every type of road and covered well over a million miles, so knows a bit about what makes for safety on the road,what is really dangerous and needs to be observed when driving and quite frankly, the speedo is way down on my list of things to observe to negotiate Britain's roads safely, but I don't expect some fool who sits behind a desk all day to appreciate that.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 00:21 
Life Member
Life Member

The people parking on the zigzags wouldn't happen to be parents would they?

A better protest would have been to refuse to be taken to school by car for a week.