Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My Ears Are Burning!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 15:53 
User

I gather from three members of this family that they have been defending me on this site.....

Have read through it.... basically the chap in charge (who hails from Durham ....apparently ) has been quoting that old article about our little blip from 2001/2002 where we had the 56% increase in tragedies....

As said to Soren (who brought it up on this site) at the time ....increase in boy racers and bikers hit us that year and we are still battling with them.

I have no easy answers as to how to deal with this problem... we have been looking at ways to get the message across to these young lads and some middle aged men :roll: that this is highly dangerous and speed as they are using it - would kill them !

To the blokes on that site who lurk on this one ... we may be getting another camera van....

We collect fines and pay direct to Treasury. The offender pays us in roundabout way as we get some of it back in our funding.

We think our guys on patrol , and lurking around with hand held laser doo-dahs catch more people than the whole truckload of scams in Cumbria.

And as for that dig about our KSIs ... you is gonna get your collar felt by our boss one of these days!

I do not have any plans to sign up on there ... they have enough to contend with - from the contributions from those Swiss scallywags!

Besides ... only have time to post on here and a plod forum anyways....