Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 07:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 00:09 
Site Admin

I have a couple of questions I'd really like to address.

1) Is the CSCP Forum worth preserving? Yes or no answers can be entered into a Safe Speed poll: http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1714 . Discussions about value etc can take place in here.

2) Is there anything we can do to help preserve it?

If you think it's worth preserving, let's toss around some ideas about how we might help to make that happen.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 08:28 
User

When I started my thread on the closure I choose the subject line carefully!

We seem to be thinking that somehow we shoulder the responsibility for keeping the forum open, but I believe that even if SafeSpeed contributors all promised to leave CSCP alone and the forum remained, in a few weeks time Steve et al would be whinging that people are still picking on them and make the threats to close, because it isn't just SafeSpeed people they have a problem against - it is EVERYONE who cares to post there as not one support their stance. In other words they are in an extreme minority when it comes to people who have actually considered the camera partnerships and their operation.

If there is a 'silent majority' out there then they should now be posting in their thousands in the closure thread, expressing their support for Steve, JJ, Kevin, CSCP, the government, Transport 2000 etc. etc. and encouraging them.

The fact is though that this silent majority doesn't exist, so CSC have no choice but to destroy the clear evidence that they don't exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:21 
User

Quote:
If there is a 'silent majority' out there then they should now be posting in their thousands in the closure thread, expressing their support for Steve, JJ, Kevin, CSCP, the government, Transport 2000 etc. etc. and encouraging them.

I dont think you could find even a silent minority from 86 registered users. At least 10% of that figure are more than likely employed by the CTO and a further 10% associated in some way with the partnership.

Take off another 10% banned and your not left with many.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 17:00 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

I am coming to the conclusion that they are more than likely going to close it anyway - and elevate themselves to staus of martyrdom :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 21:57 
User

Roger wrote:
I am coming to the conclusion that they are more than likely going to close it anyway - and elevate themselves to staus of martyrdom :twisted:

Agreed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:49 
User

Having read this thread I am now of the opinion that the closure of the forum was a foregone conclusion.

Kevin Tea let slip when they were having their server problems (here) that the contract for the server was up for renewal imminently. Seems like too much of a coincidence, and the opportunity to 'spin' the closure and play the martyrs is one they could not resist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 13:13 

r11co wrote:
Kevin Tea let slip when they were having their server problems (here) that the contract for the server was up for renewal imminently. Seems like too much of a coincidence, and the opportunity to 'spin' the closure and play the martyrs is one they could not resist.

Maybe they have found out they cannot recover the costs through the nett-off scheme... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 01:01 
User

I feel certain that all the while Steve has any influence over the forum, it should remain closed.

I was one of the few members who saw Pauls post which when deleted saw the first big furore.

I made my feelings known about the way Steve handled the affair in an email to Kevin. Steve not only acted stupidly in deleting the post, but he lied to Admin about what it was he had deleted.
He then went on to lie, and distort the information relating to this matter, in an attempt to cover up his own inadequacies.
I feel sure that Kevin must be embarrassed by Steve's behaviour at times, but as a subordinate, he just has to put up with it.

You older members, may remember Steve posting a picture of a motorcyclist he claimed was him at a track day? When he said their were no pictures of him available, and I reminded him of it, he replied he had posted it as a joke and that it was not him!!!! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 01:09 

Ernest Marsh wrote:
You older members, may remember Steve posting a picture of a motorcyclist he claimed was him at a track day? When he said their were no pictures of him available, and I reminded him of it, he replied he had posted it as a joke and that it was not him!!!! :roll:

At risk of being described as an "older member", I too remember that little piccie. It was labelled "Steve at play" if I remember rightly.

How stupid of us all to jump to the erroneous conclusion that it was him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 01:16 
User

Thanks JT - I thought it was me that was losing my marbles, and not Steve!

I saved that picture somewhere, intending to have a little fun with it later, but I cannot find it amongst the 1400 images on my PC!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 01:19 
User

I realise now I should have put "Long Standing Member" in order to protect your sensitivities! :lol:

How did somebody get away with using CSCPMORONS@tiscali.co.uk as their email addy for so long, without getting banned again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 18:43 
User

Ernest Marsh wrote:
I made my feelings known about the way Steve handled the affair in an email to Kevin. Steve not only acted stupidly in deleting the post, but he lied to Admin about what it was he had deleted.

He then went on to lie, and distort the information relating to this matter, in an attempt to cover up his own inadequacies.

I feel sure that Kevin must be embarrassed by Steve's behaviour at times, but as a subordinate, he just has to put up with it.

I've been away on a long weekend, but the last thing I did was email Kevin with regards to the last post I managed on CSCP before being served with a (pointless) 1 year suspension. I tied together Steve's claim that controversial pinned topics had timed out and been deleted to JJ's post that they had in fact been manually deleted by admin, then added Steve's later claim that everything he had said in the forum had been the truth - all to the 'Best of...." thread.

I said to Kevin that I hoped Steve had at least let him see the post before deleting it and requested a justification of the ban on the basis all I had done was quote Steve and JJ's own words (ok, with a comment on certain delusional tendencies cosidering the evidence that was there for everyone to see).

This was the reply..

kevin.tea@cumbria.police.uk wrote:
I've been away since last Thursday and haven't been following the forum. I'll look into this but as today is D Day as far as the decision to pull the plug on the forum it may be irrelevant.

r11co (not holding his breath)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 22:30 
User

I hope Kevin is able to speak his mind on Radio Cumbria then.
I have told the reporter who came to seek a response that I thought Kevin seemed a decent chap, but had a mean and overbearing boss!
I hope he is reading over JJ's shoulder - since I mentioned it in a post to JJ, in error! :lol:
I'd just read the bit about JJ having to pick kevin up off the floor, and got carried away!

CSCP Moron got banned for defending what I had said in relation to the Nazis burning books - I passed that on to the radio too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 09:53 
Camera Partnership Staff
Camera Partnership Staff

Ernest Marsh wrote:
I hope Kevin is able to speak his mind on Radio Cumbria then.
I have told the reporter who came to seek a response that I thought Kevin seemed a decent chap, but had a mean and overbearing boss!
I hope he is reading over JJ's shoulder - since I mentioned it in a post to JJ, in error! :lol:
I'd just read the bit about JJ having to pick kevin up off the floor, and got carried away!

CSCP Moron got banned for defending what I had said in relation to the Nazis burning books - I passed that on to the radio too!

Guess what Ernest kevin was!!! spooky!!

Problem with internet forums, emails, Chats, and texting is that you cannot make an assessment of personalitys. If you knew Steve, or speedfinder general as you 'like to call him' you could not be further from the truth.

Did you here Kev this morning. What did you think of it?

JJ