Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: At Last!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 04:02 
User

Nearly a year after funding was agreed, and it was trumpeted on the CSCP forum, Ings finally has it's fixed camera in place - the road was blocked when I went to come home at 8.00pm, as the workmen were so ashamed, they were doing the job in the dark! :oops:

The diversion down the wrong side of the central median was a right cats ar*e, with the lights and signs poorly placed, and NO prior warning sign up the road on the Kendal side, and no lights on the cones which "directed" traffic through the slip in the grass for the filling station entrance.
I did consider ringing Kendal police, and making a formal complaint, but it did'nt seem fair given the weather conditions, to tear them away from their cups of hot chocolate! :lol: I just hope nobody ploughed into the cones and traffic light like the car in front of me nearly did!
It should earn a lot of money in the summer when the visitors arrive - once one drives through at 47 mph, the rest will follow like sheep - or lambs to the slaughter!
Those that dont get caught, will still be demolishing walls and fences further up the road, just like this last year!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: At Last!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 07:57 
Camera Partnership Staff
Camera Partnership Staff

Ernest Marsh wrote:
Nearly a year after funding was agreed, and it was trumpeted on the CSCP forum, Ings finally has it's fixed camera in place - the road was blocked when I went to come home at 8.00pm, as the workmen were so ashamed, they were doing the job in the dark! :oops:

The diversion down the wrong side of the central median was a right cats ar*e, with the lights and signs poorly placed, and NO prior warning sign up the road on the Kendal side, and no lights on the cones which "directed" traffic through the slip in the grass for the filling station entrance.
I did consider ringing Kendal police, and making a formal complaint, but it did'nt seem fair given the weather conditions, to tear them away from their cups of hot chocolate! :lol: I just hope nobody ploughed into the cones and traffic light like the car in front of me nearly did!
It should earn a lot of money in the summer when the visitors arrive - once one drives through at 47 mph, the rest will follow like sheep - or lambs to the slaughter!
Those that dont get caught, will still be demolishing walls and fences further up the road, just like this last year!

Only if its switched on Ernest! beauty of it is I can control them from my PC. Trouble is you will not know when they are on so you will have to take care everytime you pass through the site. I know when I will use it, you don't. Its called a deterent.

Latest on Ings. The cameras are up and sited and having an affect at slowing traffic.
Other news Salthouse road barrow is in th eprocess of being built. Two other sites one on the A590 and the other on the A595 will be completed shortly.

jj

Post subject: Re: At Last!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 21:12 
User

Location: Ex A590 now Southend-On-Mud, Essex, Now Suffolk border
JJ wrote:
Latest on Ings. The cameras are up and sited and having an affect at slowing traffic.

Why didn't your "Scam Van"????

EFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 23:12 
User

Maybe because it was hidden in the bushes... :shock:

That's a long, long story....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 23:25 
User

I have to admit I drove Windermere to Staveley at 4.00pm today, and traffic WAS moving slower. In fact we did'nt get much above 30 mph, even before we got to Ings!
The cause was a great big floating gin palace on a low-loader! :lol:

At Bannerigg, it managed to slow to little over a walking pace. Unwary drivers WITHIN the NSL, were rounding the bend, to find a near stationary block to cars going up the hill past Bannerigg Farm.
Nearly the cause of a horrifying crash, caused by somebody not going fast enough, and lack of anticipation!

It's funny driving up to the cameras, and watching all the brake lights light up in front - even though they are already driving within the limit!

Do the cameras have a heat detector built in? :shock: