Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 13:28 

I notice the "not in operation" signs have gone from the SPECS cameras on the Westbound A66 past Bassenthwaite lake now. :cry: I therefore "assume" they're working. Doubtless we can expect those KSIs to come tumbling (Westbound) over the next few years! :roll: I must say that it's quite unnerving driving along there now. It's been knocked down to a 50 limit and there's masses of clutter along that stretch (extra Armco, signage (some illuminated), road markings etc). Amusingly, the illuminating signs telling you to slow down still do so when you're driving within the new limit! The worst thing, however, is that everyone drives along there at as close to 50 as they can now. This means that although most of it is dual carriageway, you just end up with two lanes (at busy times) driving along paralell to each other until the two lanes merge into one and everyone tries to get into the inside lane. Of course, before it was made "safer" you could pass a slower-moving vehicle and pull back in, taking up the minimum amount of time (and space) possible. Now you end up next to "the artic" for much longer - which isn't very pleasant because it's a very twisty section of road and you can't always be sure the vehicle in the inside lane will stay entirely within its lane on some of the tighter bends.

Let's see just how much "safer" it gets eh?! :wink:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 16:51 
User

I suppose that if accidents increase, they will take them away? :roll:

Profile Send private message