Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 16:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: CSCP Move the goalposts
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 00:40 
Offline
User

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 00:08
Posts: 84
Location: Ex A590 now Southend-On-Mud, Essex, Now Suffolk border
Clearly with the start of the new football season CSCP have seen fit to move the goalposts.

This is cut from there report which can be viewed on there website:

ACTIONS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

In relation to the need for clarification of targets, Tony Richardson explained that the County Council had extended its casualty reduction targets by two years to run up to 2012, the end of the next Local Transport Plan period.


TUT TUT don't think you will reach the figures by 2010 and need to move the target??

EFC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 01:27 
Offline
User
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 00:15
Posts: 5232
Location: Windermere
I thought the Government had set 2010 :?:

It doesnt look good - maybe Tony Richardson has been taking note of what we have been saying here :o

_________________
Time to take responsibility for our actions.. and don't be afraid of speaking out!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 09:37 
Offline
User

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 15:05
Posts: 1225
Location: Glasgow
It doesn't matter how much wider they make the goalposts, they aren't kicking straight so they will always miss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:15 
Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 16:34
Posts: 923
Location: UK
The "European Road Safety Action Programme" has a target of halving road deaths by 2010. Given recent performance CSCP is probably on target to double them in Cumbria!

Gareth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:32 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:44
Posts: 485
Location: Glos, UK
So CSCP have been running 2 years and have pushed the target back 2 years. Surely that says they've had precisely zero positive impact on deaths in that time (which is self-apparant, but at least they're admitting it now).

_________________
Carl Prescott


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:44 
Offline
User

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 15:05
Posts: 1225
Location: Glasgow
Actually, aligning the targets with the expiry of the Local Transport Plan is a typically weasel move. Local Transport Plans are currently being negotiated UK wide and 'set in stone'. Presumably CSCP aren't part of Cumbria's current and about-to-expire plan, so having them incorporated into the next one gives them a legal status to exist, regardless of other government objectives.

Well done Steve and co. for trying to cement your non-job security (parasites that you are!)

:thumbsdown:

(parasite - noun, a person who lives on others and gives nothing in return)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 13:47 
Offline
Camera Partnership Staff
Camera Partnership Staff

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 15:38
Posts: 413
EFC wrote:
Clearly with the start of the new football season CSCP have seen fit to move the goalposts.

This is cut from there report which can be viewed on there website:

ACTIONS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

In relation to the need for clarification of targets, Tony Richardson explained that the County Council had extended its casualty reduction targets by two years to run up to 2012, the end of the next Local Transport Plan period.


TUT TUT don't think you will reach the figures by 2010 and need to move the target??

EFC


You don't quite understand what the term "extended" means. It actually means that the target time has been extended but at the same time the targets for the 2012 date is a lot lower than the straight line extension to 2010.
You lot really do not have a clue do you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 14:00 
Offline
User

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 15:05
Posts: 1225
Location: Glasgow
That doesn't change what I said, JJ.

Anyway, we know already how you manipulate the KSI stats to make it look as if you are actually doing something, so what difference is another 2 years of ineffective enforcement going to make to the real figures (none) and the revenue you raise (lots)?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 15:13 
Offline
Camera Partnership Staff
Camera Partnership Staff

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 15:38
Posts: 413
r11co wrote:
That doesn't change what I said, JJ.

Anyway, we know already how you manipulate the KSI stats to make it look as if you are actually doing something, so what difference is another 2 years of ineffective enforcement going to make to the real figures (none) and the revenue you raise (lots)?

Your assumptions are totally wide of the mark anyway so they were not really worth commenting on but as you have mentioned them, you wil find thet CSCP are very much a part of teh Transport Plan, you can read last years on teh CC website and I predict that the forthcoming plan will be also published there with a large part featuring CSCP.
You were saying.................................................... :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 15:30 
Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 15:43
Posts: 2416
[sports commentary mode]And he ducks the KSI question beautifully there - we really need to see a replay to appreciate that move - oh superb. World class spinning there! Surely a candidate for being called up to the national squad.[/commentary]
:P

_________________
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler - Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 22:00 
Offline
User

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 15:05
Posts: 1225
Location: Glasgow
JJ wrote:
Your assumptions are totally wide of the mark anyway so they were not really worth commenting on but as you have mentioned them, you wil find thet CSCP are very much a part of teh Transport Plan, you can read last years on teh CC website and I predict that the forthcoming plan will be also published there with a large part featuring CSCP.


You really haven't got the beginnings of a clue what you are talking about, have you JJ? There is a difference between Local Transport Plans (5 year life cycle) and the Plan review process (annual).

The first Local Transport Plans were written in 2000 following the publishing in 1997 of the (then new) Labour government's Integrated Transport Strategy. They were designed to last 5 years and replace the previous Transport Policies and Programs that local authorities had to draw up annually.

CSCP didn't exist in 2000 so it is impossible that you feature in Cumbria's first LTP document. It is very likely though that you would have been mentioned in the LTP annual reviews since 2003 as a method of achieving some sort of aim or other laid down in the original document.

The fact that Cumbria, like most other local authorities, will be preparing a new LTP at the moment means that you stand a good chance of being written into the new document specifically thus galvanising your useless but profitable position. I'm not really sure how Cumbria are managing to extend their LTP into 2012, but that is another issue entirely...

Now that I've blown your diversionary aside back on course, and notwithstanding it was a rhetorical question, perhaps you would like to have a go at the KSI issue now...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:51 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 18:38
Posts: 396
Location: Glasgow
r11co v JJ
Not a fair contest in my view, you wouldn't put a flyweight against a heavyweight after all!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 23:05 
Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 23:26
Posts: 9260
Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Gatsobait wrote:
[sports commentary mode]And he ducks the KSI question beautifully there - we really need to see a replay to appreciate that move - oh superb. World class spinning there! Surely a candidate for being called up to the national squad.[/commentary]
:P


Can't quite make up my mind on sport though GB - possibly cricket with the duck , oh and as for spinning - definately a double googly man there,


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.589s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]