The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 23:25 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

glaikie wrote:
Wonderful stuff. Have a look at some of these, and rejoice that PeterE's dull manifestos - autistic listings of the ways drivers' 'freedoms' (priviledges in any other tongue) can be consolidated and extended - are becoming irrelevant.

Sigh...

You just can't help insulting people, can you? :roll:

Any views expressed in this post are personal opinions and may not represent the views of Safe Speed

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 00:50 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Its all he has left, now he's been thoroughly defeated, and yet he came into it with so much arrogance that he can't just drop it, he has to snipe from the sidelines in his odious fashion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 01:15 
User

I hope he doesn't work in Social Services or education. After all, he just insulted autistic people. :roll:

There was a song on Junior Choice about him, years ago:
"I'm a troll, fol-de-rol"

Ah. They don't write them like that, any more. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 01:37 

Thatsnews wrote:
I hope he doesn't work in Social Services or education

The IQ level seems very similar to that of a govt, LA or civil servant employee...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 02:00 
User

BottyBurp wrote:
Thatsnews wrote:
I hope he doesn't work in Social Services or education

The IQ level seems very similar to that of a govt, LA or civil servant employee...

No! You don't mean he might be an unCivil Serpent, do you? :o :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:28 
Life Member
Life Member

It's a shame. I've been too busy to visit for a week or so (collecting xmas trees as part of your job eats in to your time between xmas and twelfth night!!!), and I'm seeing thread after thread ruined by pointless trolling.
This thread in particular started off as an interesting discussion, which I was going to add my tenpenneth to after reading page one, but by now its original point has (as is so often the way) gone out of the window.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 22:05 
User

http://www.bielertagblatt.ch/News/Schweiz/100464

I not know if glaikie und chum read German.. but this article say that every fifth Swiss child ist fat. It to do with diet mostly. :popcorn:

I am slim by the way. I lost two inch or so after incident .. but am still nearly 6 feet in your "UK currency" :P I weigh in at just 8 und three quarter of your stones too. I am actually underweight for height und a bit of a "stic insect" but folk see the voluptuous curves in my "Goldie Hawn type athletic recatangle of a figure" :lol: My excuse ist that my metal implants weigh less than my calcium enriched bones would. :D

But genetically... my family ist slim built.. with high metabolism. We are the ones folk like to "hate" as we never put on weight .. we burn it all off. It may be that our brains are well active. It may be that we enjoy brisk walks, alpine sports und cycling as hobbies too in a sensible balance.

Now this "obesity" in land with high public transport und cycling ethic.. und rest of Europe have similar concerns.

Most of it ist the love of junk food. The cave in to pester power for this crap perhaps? You have to be strong.. very thick skinned .. ultra disciplined at times when faced with the mega tantrum or the withdrawal symptoms. Been there with the fosters more than our own litter who grow up used to the word NO :nono: in more than one language :lol:

It mix of nice tasting but hardly nourishingly healthy foods, pre-occupation with a brand label .. computer games taking over from real play.. long hours culture rendering short play times und more office work with e-mail preferred over walk to desk with the information required und the social chatty asides perhaps :scratchchin:

It not just about "cycling to work" or cycling for fun" (which we admit ist our way of life as we live too far distant to be really viable time-wise :wink:) - it about the whole business of the way we are living lives.. the "convenient way" und this include the lazy internet shopping which not save planet either. :popcorn:

I happen to love chatting to neighbours at the markets.. chatting to farmers .. FEELING their produce.. SMELLING it.. exchanging recipes.. going home feeling eager anticipation of what I might cook for the mini-army in my house.. with their help :lol:

I park in car park und walk to shops. Not all car parks next to shops after all und we can get decent briskish exercise that way too. :wink:

Internet shopping? You stuff which ist to be found on the reduced counters as close to sell by date und you pay through nose for this stuff too. :roll:

More health und saving of planet then by driving to markets und having a darned good shoppe session :lol:

Glaikie Liebchen.. you know we are [i]right[/right]

Und by the way.. wse have always switched off all appliances when not in use. I call it thrift und common sense. You seem to think it save planet :popcorn:

Do come back und chat anyway. You are welcome und me und mine are fairly friendly even if we may disagree with you.

But try not to post silly nonsenses which we can rip apart. Present more logically if you can :wink:

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

UND OUR SMILEYS? Smile ... und the the world smiles with you.
Smiley guy seen when you read
Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Greatest love & Greatest Achievements Require Greatest Risk
But if you lose the driving plan - don't lose the COAST lesson.
Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 22:37 

Johnnytheboy wrote:
It's a shame. I've been too busy to visit for a week or so (collecting xmas trees as part of your job eats in to your time between xmas and twelfth night!!!), and I'm seeing thread after thread ruined by pointless trolling.
This thread in particular started off as an interesting discussion, which I was going to add my tenpenneth to after reading page one, but by now its original point has (as is so often the way) gone out of the window.

I know exactly how you feel.

"The freedom provided by the motor vehicle is not universally applauded, however: there are those who resent the loss of state control over individual choice that the car represents. Such people rarely admit their prejudices openly; instead, they make false or exaggerated claims about the adverse effects of road transport in order to justify calls for higher taxation or restrictions on mobility." (Conservative Way Forward: Stop The War Against Drivers)