Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 19:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 14:05 
New User
New User

Got my NIP this morning - Saturday...lovely.
Doing 78 on dual carriageway near Tiverton, Devon.
I was actually speeding up to get a complete ar*se of my backside and pull in front of the car I needed to overtake to do so...I couldn't say if I was doing 78 because I was concentrating on getting away from a teenage moron in a corsa...but I remember seeing the parked police car with camera and thinking I was doing about 69...
Any way....I have a spotless licence and have been driving for 21 years. I don't know what the speed is for an instant ban....
I am VERY peeved off and HATE paying fines purely to fund the government but what else can I do? When I send off this NIP can I put in a covering letter and request the camera evidence? Or do I have to plead not guilty for that?
I just can't be bothered with messing about with court if I only have to put upp with 3 points.
and....Mr Safetyman..I have read some of your posts....REALLY unhelpful, patronising and maybe you should be on a government funded road "safety" site? Don't bother answering me...I drive a BMW 525i Sport and am also an advanced driver with 21 years experience.
Infact....I witnessed (and stopped to pull the woman out of her mashed up car) on the M5 recently...you know why? Because some IDIOT was crawling on the middle lane at 60....drifted into the outside lane and clipped the poor womans car. It spun out of control and ended up on the hard shoulder under a lorry.
NOW tell me.....was that down to people not sticking to the prescribed speed limit?! I DONT THINK SO!!!!

Any one else....any advice welcome!!
Thanks.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 15:14 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

Bhodi wrote:
Got my NIP this morning - Saturday...lovely.
Doing 78 on dual carriageway near Tiverton, Devon.
I was actually speeding up to get a complete ar*se of my backside and pull in front of the car I needed to overtake to do so...I couldn't say if I was doing 78 because I was concentrating on getting away from a teenage moron in a corsa...but I remember seeing the parked police car with camera and thinking I was doing about 69...
Any way....I have a spotless licence and have been driving for 21 years. I don't know what the speed is for an instant ban....

You won’t be facing a ban for 78 in a 60. You should be offered a conditional offer of 3 points and £60.
Police tend not to use evidence capture equipment when out enforcing, so it is unlikely that there’ll be any useful evidence (for or against you). I assuming the camera they were holding was hand-held.
You’re not disputing the fact you were above the significantly above the speed limit or typical prosecution threshold, so my advice would be to just accept the conditional offer.

Bhodi wrote:
I am VERY peeved off and HATE paying fines purely to fund the government but what else can I do?

Read my signature below; read up on this for a more detailed explanation (which has never been denied by the SCPs), then help spread the word :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 16:52 
Suspended
Suspended

"I am VERY peeved off and HATE paying fines purely to fund the government but what else can I do? "

Slow down to the speed limit perhaps?? :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 17:13 

safetyman wrote:
"I am VERY peeved off and HATE paying fines purely to fund the government but what else can I do? "

Slow down to the speed limit perhaps?? :lol: :lol:

Change the record perhaps?

Have you seen DieselMoment's thread yet, where he needs your expertise? I'm looking forward to seeing your solution to the problem.

"The freedom provided by the motor vehicle is not universally applauded, however: there are those who resent the loss of state control over individual choice that the car represents. Such people rarely admit their prejudices openly; instead, they make false or exaggerated claims about the adverse effects of road transport in order to justify calls for higher taxation or restrictions on mobility." (Conservative Way Forward: Stop The War Against Drivers)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 18:01 
New User
New User

Smeggy thanks for this and for the links...in fact it makes me soooo angry I will become more active in campaigning I think.
If I am driving dangerously, speeding in built up areas with kids around etc I am happy to take my punishment...but when I KNOW that had I slowed to 60 (AGAIN!!) with the tosser behind me it WOULD have been dangerous and could have resulted in a 3 or more car accident.

Bombus - I love that post by DieselMoment - proof that the system is flawed if ever I saw it.

Safetyman....saw your reply.....proof to me that you have limited knowledge in the area of real safe driving and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. So thanks for your uninteresting and unintelligent comments on my post but I think I'll listen to the people here who are really trying to make our roads safer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 18:13 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

Bhodi wrote:
Smeggy thanks for this and for the links...in fact it makes me soooo angry I will become more active in campaigning I think.

:welcome: Welcome aboard.