Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 06:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: recieved NIP
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 19:34 
User

got the dreaded NIP and it says i was doing 63MPH in a 40MPH but the thing is i didnt get conditional offer please help im very scared

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:06 
Suspended
Suspended

23 mph over the speed limit!!!! I bet others were scared to cross the road , pull out, or make any other manouver.

I would suggest to others that the time to worry about the NIP is BEFORE the crime takes place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:20 
User

Ignoring safetymans pointless comment.

It sounds like you accept that you were indeed speeding, and that you wish to accept a COFP and plead guilty.

My advice would be firstly are you absolutley sure that you were speeding, and that the speed limit was correctly signed. All that is proven at this moment in time is that either a GATSO has activated, or an LTI has indicated this speed.

If you still wish to plead guilty, then I would suggest phoning the partnership in question and state that you want to accept a COFP, and that one hasn't been sent. They should leap at this, because they don't like going to court.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:32 
User

ive read somewere that after youve sent the NIP back they then review your allegation or wotever eg send you a COFP or a summons but i think il get a COFP as i was doing 3mph under the summons the summons in a 40mph is 66mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:35 
User

The last NIP I had had a COFP enclosed, which in my case I rejected and was later found not guilty, that is a different matter entirely though.

As I said, I would be inclined to speak to the partnership, you will find that they will be very helpful if you want to plead guilty.

Post subject: Re: recieved NIP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:59 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

robina80 wrote:
got the dreaded NIP and it says i was doing 63MPH in a 40MPH but the thing is i didnt get conditional offer please help im very scared

You normally get sent a summons when at risk of a ban. Do you have a lot of points or have passed your driving test within 2 years?

Safetyman, in the last 20 minutes I’ve committed the heinous crime of going a fair bit faster than a 30 limit. Before you jump up and down, it was on a stretch of clear dual-carriageway, closed to pedestrians (fenced off), has no junctions and has a central reservation (I was testing my brakes if you must know). Don't assume the act of exceeding a speed limit poses undue danger to others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 13:34 
User

ive got a clean license and been driving 5 yrs now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:27 
User

also when you recieve a COFP you also have the opportunity to take the speed awarness course is this true because mt m8 has applied to take one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:43 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

robina80 wrote:
also when you recieve a COFP you also have the opportunity to take the speed awarness course is this true because mt m8 has applied to take one

I believe not all counties offer it. More significantly, you won’t be offered one for being that far over the limit