Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 08:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 13:10 
New User
New User

Hello,

I have been frantically doing research on how I can avoid a fine and points for being nabbed by an un-marked van in a 30 mph zone in Charlton in Wiltshire. I was with my missus and neither us can remember seeing any signs advising of the speed limit let alone seeing a marked van. We were travelling towards the van and from the picture I can access on line it just looks like a white van. I have read quite a lot of information on this forum and people seem very helpful so I was wondering what I should be doing?

The things I have read I should be doing are:-

Ask the police for:
    Full copy of the Instruction manual for the RADAR/LIDAR device used.
    Copy (both sides) of the calibration certificate.
    Details of the training (copy of certificate if there is one) given to the officer in the use of the PARTICULAR device.
    The calibration certificates most recent prior to offence and next after offence

I should return to the scene and take pictures of the area, including any signs which indicate the law. (Can I use a digital camera)

Do all speed camera vans have to be clearly marked from the front and back and do they have to erect signs?

I am yet to even acknowledge the letter advising who was driving so any help on next steps gratefully recieved.

Thanks Roly..

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 17:14 
User

Hi.
This is not a legal advice forum, although many members will be prepared to comment based on personal experience.

To that end, you should visit http://www.Pepipoo.com for better legal advice.

That said, from what details you have provided, I would go back and look at the site, to see if the speed limit signs were obscured in any way - if they are there.
Good Luck

Profile Send private message