Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 03:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 19:31 
New User
New User

Yesterday 12th April I received a notification of intended prosecution dated 11th April.

This was for "Exceeding temporary 70mph speed limit on dual carriageway". Apparently the speed was 82 mph.

The reason for the delay, I imagine is that the car was bought from a lease company who only sent me the v5 and transfered the car to my name a few weeks ago.

The problem is, this is the family car and either me or my wife could have been driving. 6 weeks is a long time to remember back. It is more likely to be my wife but we don't know for sure.

Advice please, the form says I have to categorically say it was or was not me and I can't say for certain.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 19:36 

Rainman wrote:
This was for "Exceeding temporary 70mph speed limit on dual carriageway". Apparently the speed was 82 mph.

A temporary 70 mph speed limit on a dual carriageway :?
Why would a DC have a temporary limit of 70 as that is the limit for an NSL road of that type.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 19:38 
New User
New User

Strange isn't it. Not sure why it says temporary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 19:42 

With respect to naming the driver, you are in the speed camera prosecution Neverneverland here.
If you simply claim you cannot recall who was driving, you will have to demonstrate to the court that you took all reasonable endeavours to ascertain who was. What that means on the day......well how long is a piece of string?

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 19:44 
New User
New User

Is there any chance that if I ask for the photograph, that will enable us to know for sure who was driving?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 22:33 
User

If the lease company transfered the documentation correctly "a few weeks ago" you should ascertain this for sure, then get yourself over to Pepipoo and fill in their NIP wizard.
I would be prepared to ask for the photograph, and get some scans of the documentation to share with others more knowledgeable than most of us, and ask the lease company if they dealt with the original NIP - it's possible they no nothing about it. Better to be sure than for us to guess.