The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 03:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: little doubt
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 17:46 
New User
New User

Hello

I have received a statement for speeding (40 mph when speed limit was 30). I have spanish (EU) license.

What fine will i have? I think that it will be £60 and 3 points, but i don't have english counterplat.

What is the penalty in those cases?

Another question. I want to know what would happen if i receive an statement and i will be no longer here. I mean, for example, tomorrow i receive a statement and after one week i return to spain to live there. What happens with that statement?

regards

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: little doubt
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 08:15 
User

If you have UK licence - this get penalty pointed.

If you have foreign one.. there no penalty point placed on it. They are interested more in your parting with money :roll:

If you have been stopped by police und they took a statement from you.. then it go on record so that you get nobbled for the fine.. on re-entry to country. (The little chip in the passports now mean they can trace your movements at passport controls :roll: Welcome to the free world! :popcorn:)

(If you have the passport which have them since 2006.. :popcorn: )

UND OUR SMILEYS? Smile ... und the the world smiles with you.
Smiley guy seen when you read
Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Greatest love & Greatest Achievements Require Greatest Risk
But if you lose the driving plan - don't lose the COAST lesson.
Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 14:33 
New User
New User

Hi

Thank you

I wasn´t stopped by the police, i received a statement at my house.

Somebody told me that, like i don´t have english counterplat, the offence would finish in court :o

So, you say that i only will be fined for 60 pounds?

What about the last question? You didnt answer it...

Another question

how much time last a ticket to arrive to your house?

Regards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 19:38 
User

Hallo.

Quote:

Hi

Thank you

I wasn´t stopped by the police, i received a statement at my house.

Somebody told me that, like i don´t have english counterplat, the offence would finish in court

This normal if you still in country. Swiss have "on-spot fine" for foreigners .. (unless French :wink:) ..If ping.. it recorded und they know from database of unpaid fine by foreigner :yikes: on entry.

Quote:
So, you say that i only will be fined for 60 pounds?

Most likely if you admit to "crime of century" :roll:

Quote:
What about the last question? You didnt answer it...

They keep on file. If your Pass has biometric doo-dah.. they know if you in country :roll: They nab you that way :roll:

Quote:

Another question
how much time last a ticket to arrive to your house?

Ach .. it depend on postmark. For normal NIP .. has to be posted within 14 calendar days.

UK post being what we know about it.. :popcorn: :bunker: :roll: :hissyfit: :censored: :furious:

It one of reasons why Paulie und now Claire FIGHT!

Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 21:22 
New User
New User

"
They keep on file. If your Pass has biometric doo-dah.. they know if you in country :roll: They nab you that way :roll:
"

Well, what i mean is that during the time i have driven the car, and i wasn´t yet the owner, i have been caught with a speed camera, what happens? The owner of the car in those days is a girl that has moved definitively to Spain, and if a ticket has been sent to her house in England, she has not been notified of that.

Will she have problems if she goes to England one weekend, for example?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 23:53 
User

javixeneize wrote:
"
"

Well, what i mean is that during the time i have driven the car, and i wasn´t yet the owner, i have been caught with a speed camera, what happens? The owner of the car in those days is a girl that has moved definitively to Spain, and if a ticket has been sent to her house in England, she has not been notified of that.

Will she have problems if she goes to England one weekend, for example?

She need to check mail. Has she arranged forwarding address or poste restante facililty?. She could get done on "fail to disclose identity of driver"

If she find unpleasant surprise on visit.. she must ensure she has records of when she leave UK... (biometric cdoo-dah will help on this one :wink: ) Explanatory letter . get advice on worind on free initial legal interviews .. AA.. RAC/.. ABD .. pepippo legal (latter more helpful .. I would think :wink: as to how to word properly.

She must check in case she has court conviction in absence. She must check her mail asap in all reality. Has she no one who pick up her UK mail und send on to her? She must see if her Mama or close pal or neighbour will do this for her if this the case so that she can ask for photo..to verify who drive at the time. :wink:

Let us know what happen.. we try to offer whatever help we can.. but will keep her legal und you with just the fine :wink: to pay up... :roll: :popcorn: assuming you driving when pinged..

So many scam forests.. it so easy done if you blink. It no longer mean much. Insurers tend to take little notice .. und they are gobbly sharks too :shock: We know folk who get pinged .. but no loadings any more.. und we read in press this ist so too.. :popcorn:

Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 04:42 
New User
New User

Nah, she is spanish and she was living there one year, and after that she returned to spain. She can´t check the mail. Anyway, i hope that i had not been caught during this time. But in the worst case, the police sould think that this things can happen. Anyway, it would be only speeding offence, not international terrorism or murdering...

Thank you all