Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 13:11 
New User
New User

I have just received a Notice of intended prosecution for doing 40 mph on Winwick Rd, Warrington.
The only traffic signs on Winwick Rd state 40mph but Cheshire Constabulary state the
A49 Winwick Road, junction Owen Street is 30 mph. If this is so why are there are no signs stating this.
Has anyone else have experience of this and do you think I have got grounds of appeal?
Many thanks

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 13:28 
User

If you say there are no signs? Go back. Take photos of the site. There are supposed to be twin lollies at start of each new speed zone. Once you have this proof that the signage was missing - write back to the SCP in question for furhter clarification as to exactly where you were pinged. It may be that you missed a sign somewhere along the route. You really need to check the whole road to see where the alleged 30 mph started - and take things from there.

Hope this helps? May not be quite what you want to hear. But if you plan to fight the charge - you need to be 100% and more with back-up evidence. :) Let us know how you get on and by the way :welcome:

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 13:42 
New User
New User

Thank you very much, that's most helpful. I will keep you updated.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 14:55 
User

Cheers. Hope it all works out well. Do let us know how you get on - and join in all the other discussions too. We tend to bounce ideas and learn from each other on this entire message board and all of us are committed to improving road safety and suggesting a comprehensive wish list to lobby with :) Sure we have the odd difference of opinion at times but I reckon the posters all make a good well spirited team - reflective of the decent-minded road user at large.

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 03:07 
Police Officer
Police Officer

The speed camera that you got flashed with is in a 30mph zone,correct me if I am wrong it is the one near to polar Ford on Winwick Road. There are signs placed at the junction of Kerfoot st and Winwick road lights entering Warrington and as you go through these ligths out of Warrington you will see the start of the 40mph signs. So,looks like you need to look a bit more as the signs are quite clearly there for all to be seen I am afraid.
Stephen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 08:30 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

I can confirm Stephen is correct – that is definitely a 30 mph zone. There's a clearly-defined 30/40 mph transition a few hundred yards to the north. Remember that, in the absence of any signage, the default speed limit in an area with streetlights is 30 mph.

Any views expressed in this post are personal opinions and may not represent the views of Safe Speed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 20:44 
User

I am with IG in that I think the OP missed a sign. He need to drive again for his own peace of mind.

Then . he need to embrace all the helpfui advice we give .. to ensure his learning curves und safety.

I hope he continue to join in all the chat und LEARN Note .. no one condemn here. I'D LIKE folk to chatter on und learn und improve skills.

I think the continual learning ethic must be promoted harder. We cannot afford complacency out there .. oder? :? :?

UND OUR SMILEYS? Smile ... und the the world smiles with you.
Smiley guy seen when you read
Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Greatest love & Greatest Achievements Require Greatest Risk
But if you lose the driving plan - don't lose the COAST lesson.
Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!