Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 21:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 00:19 
User

Flash wrote:
Thank you in Gear and Fisherman. I have only just seen your posts ( for some reason I am not getting emails informing me of updates and yes I do have it set here to do so) all invaluable information and you are both a credit to the way you have advised me. I will be returning my NIP within the next few days and I will wait and see if I am offered a SAC I do hope so as I will most certainly accept it. I will of course keep you informed as soon as I hear back from the police with to what is to be offered to me (or not ) and if not my fate. Thank you once again for the help. advice and guidance offered me.

The Private Messages initiate a pop up when you visit the Safespeed site. If you are blocking pop ups, you will easily over look the warning under the tool bar.
Try enabling popups for Safespeed in the exceptions list.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 16:38 
User

Ernest Marsh wrote:
Flash wrote:
Thank you in Gear and Fisherman. I have only just seen your posts ( for some reason I am not getting emails informing me of updates and yes I do have it set here to do so) all invaluable information and you are both a credit to the way you have advised me. I will be returning my NIP within the next few days and I will wait and see if I am offered a SAC I do hope so as I will most certainly accept it. I will of course keep you informed as soon as I hear back from the police with to what is to be offered to me (or not ) and if not my fate. Thank you once again for the help. advice and guidance offered me.

The Private Messages initiate a pop up when you visit the Safespeed site. If you are blocking pop ups, you will easily over look the warning under the tool bar.
Try enabling popups for Safespeed in the exceptions list.

OK thanks. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:46 
User

Posted back my Nip yesterday informing them I was the driver of my car at the time of the alleged speeding offence. If I am to be offered a SAC how quickly am I likely to wait to be infomed as IME here you wait some months if you are to be informed you are to be prosecuted? Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 20:23 
User

I can only go off those I know were offered SAC in Lancs. Usually they were given offer within one month and had to pay fee by a set date. On clearance of funds - they were then given an attendance date which could be changed on evidence of prior commitment :roll:

I wish you all the best in outcome here. DO look at IG's posts on driving. The guy really knows his stuff and tries to help folk in need as best he can .. without "rubbing a nose into a mistake". Alas - he reserves that for family and those he knows and whom he believes "should know better" :roll: :yikes:

Smilies are contagious
They are just like the flu
We use our smilies on YOU today
Now Good Causes are smiling too!

KEEP SMILING
It makes folk wonder just what you REALLY got up to last night!

Smily to penny.. penny to pound
safespeed prospers-smiles all round! !

But the real message? SMILE.. GO ON ! DO IT! and the world will smile with you!
Enjoy life! You only have the one bite at it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:30 
User

Mad Moggie wrote:
I can only go off those I know were offered SAC in Lancs. Usually they were given offer within one month and had to pay fee by a set date. On clearance of funds - they were then given an attendance date which could be changed on evidence of prior commitment :roll:

I wish you all the best in outcome here. DO look at IG's posts on driving. The guy really knows his stuff and tries to help folk in need as best he can .. without "rubbing a nose into a mistake". Alas - he reserves that for family and those he knows and whom he believes "should know better" :roll: :yikes:

Thanks for that, I will most certainly look into IGs post on driving.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 20:26 
User

Flash wrote:
Posted back my Nip yesterday informing them I was the driver of my car at the time of the alleged speeding offence. If I am to be offered a SAC how quickly am I likely to wait to be infomed as IME here you wait some months if you are to be informed you are to be prosecuted? Thanks.

You should hear within 4-6 weeks based on information received from those invited to Lancs course to date.
If COAST course- drink it in :wink:

UND OUR SMILEYS? Smile ... und the the world smiles with you.
Smiley guy seen when you read
Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Greatest love & Greatest Achievements Require Greatest Risk
But if you lose the driving plan - don't lose the COAST lesson.
Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 14:05 
User

UPDATE,
I have be invited to go on the SAC and have accepted, the cost £60 and 4 hours of my time. ( am informed that in the next town near me the SAC course is in fact £90 :o ) I guess I should be pleased as a solicitor told me I wouldn't ( then changed to very unlikely) to be offered a SAC as it would be looked upon as escaping a ban (being on 9points already). Moral of the story is solicitors/experts are not always right and don't give up until all hope has gone. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 08:07 
User

That ist a good outcome :clap: If you are on 9 point - they can still offer the course if speed match the criteria as we understand from Lancs.Sound like this one will be hazard awareness/theory only... but still worthwhile all the same...:wink:

Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 08:10 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don’t know what you drive Flash but you may also consider changing your car at this stage, if you can.

For the past year I’ve had an old Polo which I’m happy to just plod along in. But when I use the Octavia at work, (or in my previous Mazda Sport), it gives a completely different sense of speed and safety.

It’s big, quiet and powerful which gives a false sense of just how fast you are going and I often find myself going into serious NIP territory :shock: Not nearly so much in my little ole Polo :wink:

I’m happy about the outcome, for both you and your mum Flash. :)

Take care and best wishes.

Tony

You will be branded a threat to society by going over a speed limit where it is safe to do so, and suffer the consequences of your actions in a way criminals do not, more so than someone who is a real threat to our society.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 09:17 
User

Big Tone wrote:
I don’t know what you drive Flash but you may also consider changing your car at this stage, if you can.

For the past year Ive had an old Polo which I’m happy to just plod along in. But when I use the Octavia at work, (or in my previous Mazda Sport), it gives a completely different sense of speed and safety.

It’s big, quiet and powerful which gives a false sense of just how fast you are going and I often find myself going into serious NIP territory :shock: Not nearly so much in my little ole Polo :wink:

I’m happy about the outcome, for both you and your mum Flash. :)

Take care and best wishes.

Tony

Thanks Tony but I couldn't possibly change my car as I have spent far too much on and I wouldn't get much of that back plus I like it far too much. What I have done is have cruise control fitted which I will use as much as possible which should help me stay and not stray from speed limits in future. I do agree however having a fast car does tend to make you speed without realizing it.
On a slightly different note a friend of mine who is also on 9 points is fed up with tail gaiter's and impatient drivers given he now drives everywhere within the speed limit. He's was thinking of having a sign made to put on the back of his car saying "please pass on 9 points" :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 14:00 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Flash wrote:
Thanks Tony but I couldn't possibly change my car as I have spent far too much on and I wouldn't get much of that back plus I like it far too much. What I have done is have cruise control fitted which I will use as much as possible which should help me stay and not stray from speed limits in future. I do agree however having a fast car does tend to make you speed without realizing it :roll:

Ah, gotcha :) Nice idea with the cruise control BTW.

Know what you mean about liking it ;) I was seriously going to buy my dream bike last year Image but thought better of it after road testing it for two hours. 0 to 100 mph in ~5 seconds or less, which it could do in 1st gear too Image.

Got a picture of me on it for my grandchildren to see one day though :D (Sarcasm mode on) By the time they're driving it will be impossible for any member of the public to speed and all limiits be be halved, which of course will mean no accidents...

Cheers bud :)

You will be branded a threat to society by going over a speed limit where it is safe to do so, and suffer the consequences of your actions in a way criminals do not, more so than someone who is a real threat to our society.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 13:04 
User

Big Tone wrote:
Flash wrote:
Thanks Tony but I couldn't possibly change my car as I have spent far too much on and I wouldn't get much of that back plus I like it far too much. What I have done is have cruise control fitted which I will use as much as possible which should help me stay and not stray from speed limits in future. I do agree however having a fast car does tend to make you speed without realizing it :roll:

Ah, gotcha :) Nice idea with the cruise control BTW.

Know what you mean about liking it ;) I was seriously going to buy my dream bike last year Image but thought better of it after road testing it for two hours. 0 to 100 mph in ~5 seconds or less, which it could do in 1st gear too Image.

Got a picture of me on it for my grandchildren to see one day though :D (Sarcasm mode on) By the time they're driving it will be impossible for any member of the public to speed and all limiits be be halved, which of course will mean no accidents...

Cheers bud :)

Sold both my bikes ( classic Triumph Bonnie and a newer Trident) far too many idiots in cars trying to kill me :x I had a close call but ended up in hospital worse the wear, a classic case of "Sorry mate I didn't see you" I had headlight on and a PPE jacket made no difference. To all, I know not all bikers are saints :evil: but "THINK BIKE!" and look before pulling out .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 20:10 
User

Liebchen .. Origin should give me commission here.. but go on line und look up "pogo drive". They have reduce in price. .. I think around £180-£250 .. but shoppo around :wink:

The gadget? It warn of all hazards.. schools,.. congestion charge zones./.. blackspots . und mobile hot spots as well as fixed ones :wink;

BUT .. you can also fix it to ping on overspeed. It already turn bright red without your setting ... if you are .000001 above lolly :lol: :bow: .... but you can also set to 30 mph . or 70 mph dependent on your travel plan :wink: It help. It ist also a Sat Nav and in our experience the most reliable on the market :bow: It does not send on "wild goose chase" I will warn that her voice ist ultra huffy though. She get on my tits even. :roll: She has a tone in voice which can make me mutter "oh shut up!" at time :lol:

Take care und think of our COAST too.. as it all help long term :wink:

Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 22:55 
User

WildCat wrote:
Liebchen .. Origin should give me commission here.. but go on line und look up "pogo drive". They have reduce in price. .. I think around £180-£250 .. but shoppo around :wink:

The gadget? It warn of all hazards.. schools,.. congestion charge zones./.. blackspots . und mobile hot spots as well as fixed ones :wink;

BUT .. you can also fix it to ping on overspeed. It already turn bright red without your setting ... if you are .000001 above lolly :lol: :bow: .... but you can also set to 30 mph . or 70 mph dependent on your travel plan :wink: It help. It ist also a Sat Nav and in our experience the most reliable on the market :bow: It does not send on "wild goose chase" I will warn that her voice ist ultra huffy though. She get on my tits even. :roll: She has a tone in voice which can make me mutter "oh shut up!" at time :lol:

Take care und think of our COAST too.. as it all help long term :wink:

Thanks but I already have a Tom Tom with similar features. The main feature on it for me is the ping when/if I go over the speed limit. Thanks anyway for all the advice.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 17:49 
User

I have been on my SAC and I have to say it was a pleasant surprise. However even though a lot of statistics were given out about road deaths and casualties etc etc etc they never at any time give any figures for those caused by excess speeding. The term " appropriate speed" was used often but only in relations to reduced maximum speeds not appropriate as in when it can be fine to exceed the limit but lets not go there. All in all I guess its a good result for me £60 a SAC and no points = no ban. We did go over COAST which I will implement within my driving style. I have put a post up regarding a brief conversation I had with one of the two who presenters the course which you may find of interest here.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20675&p=209344#p209344

Thanks for all the help given on here much appreciated and I hope not to need your invaluable advice in the future :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 22:03 
Site Admin

Glad that you found their course interesting.

The excessive speed is a frustrating phrase as they do not explain that these figures include those within the posted speed limit.
When Inattention and Frustration are the main causation accident factors, it is appalling that the majority concentration is on a specific numeric value than driving to conditions.

You can drive perfectly safely without a speedometer. Their obsession to this singe factor is sending out false safety messages and the alteration in driver and rider behaviours, such as has been mentioned above in tailgating and the fear of losing one's license so the continuation to obsess with staying at or below a limit despite the fact that the stats show the safest drivers are those that in fact are above the posted limit.
They are showing an arrogant uncaring attitude by ignoring their own research.