Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 21:00 
User

Seems like the fish()erman has been caught in the net. Its very quite just
now. Just another small quotation from the report I refered too earlier. "Even the supplier of the cameras has finally admitted under cross examination in court that the speed cameras can produce erroneous readings". Proof enough that the driver is being used as a cash cow for Government at any cost and without any justice whatsoever. This report does not cover just cameras but all related areas of road safety and however they can keep operating such unacceptable systems I do not know.They are nothing but parasites of the highest order. OLLIE

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 16:36 
New User
New User

Afternoon all. Sunday is the 14th Day since the offence and I've had nothing through and have really been recieving mail as normal. However, our postie is on strike tomorrow so I guess that means I've got away with it this time.

I won't be 100% sure until Monday's post has arrived but I think I'm pretty much home dry now!

Thanks for all your replies!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 23:55 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
ollie wrote:
Seems like the fish()erman has been caught in the net. Its very quite just
now. Just another small quotation from the report I refered too earlier. "Even the supplier of the cameras has finally admitted under cross examination in court that the speed cameras can produce erroneous readings". Proof enough that the driver is being used as a cash cow for Government at any cost and without any justice whatsoever. This report does not cover just cameras but all related areas of road safety and however they can keep operating such unacceptable systems I do not know.They are nothing but parasites of the highest order. OLLIE

olie - fisherman is not just some bloke posting on here with no purpose - he's the bloke YOU MIGHT MEET ON THE BENCH if you get pulled up in front of a beak .He's ( from my opinion , just trying to set us straight on legal things) - so why go out of your way to antagonise him - he's a magistrate ( doing his best to explain how the law works ),and as such , he's Daniel in the Lion's den -a brave bloke -intent on helping - blokes like YOU avoid all sorts of problems.
SO STOP HOWLING ,AND MEET HIM HALFWAY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 22:56 
Site Admin

There is the thought that the camera van is possibly too far off the roadside - 12ft is the limit ... unless any new or recent rules have changed !

PLus were you to have a NIP then ask for all the video evidence of the whole session.
As a law student might you not see this as a great way to practice? :)

The law always tries to deal with facts and Fisherman tries to always be accurate and specific and with all his information that he kindly contributes. I am grateful to him that he can provide this knowledge.