The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: help
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 23:01 
New User
New User

hi,

a new member to the forum, i wondered if you guys could help me.

i have recently recieved a Nip i sent this back the same day confessing that it was me who was doing 47 in a 40.

i havent recieved anything back since and i sent it back over 2 weeks ago. i checked my liscence last night and it has my old address on. i visited the address and they have told me they havent recieved anything but they will call me if they do.

is there a possibility i have slipped the net?
:whome:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: help
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 09:40 
Life Member
Life Member

pepipoo.com is good for the technical stuff. If the NIP came to you, that's the address they'll use. You have to conform to the 14 day limit but they've got something daft like six months to prosecute you. But COFP usually comes through in about two weeks, so your delay is not unusual.

47 in a 40 (if your first points in that county) may well lead to an offer of a speed awareness course instead of points....

Post subject: Re: help
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 05:27 
Site Admin

:welcome: lee.j09

lee.j09 wrote:
i have recently recieved a Nip i sent this back the same day confessing that it was me who was doing 47 in a 40.
i havent recieved anything back since and i sent it back over 2 weeks ago. i checked my liscence last night and it has my old address on. i visited the address and they have told me they havent recieved anything but they will call me if they do.
is there a possibility i have slipped the net?

Agree pepipoo is good, and has a 'NIP' wizard, and various legal advisors too.
I am not a layer and cannot advise you - always consult a legal professional.
I am curious if you have not updated your details, how did you receive the notification unless through your employer?
What date was the alleged offence? As Malcolm points out it can take up to 6 mths, if an employer is involved and 14 days by direct to individuals. They send these to the last registered keeper. Failing to keep up DVLA notified of your
change of address can land you in trouble too.
It does depend on where you live as to whether you will be offered a course but remember that you are only allowed to attend one course within 3 yrs.
By all means supply us with a link to the images (number plate obscured) and a location for us to view the road.
Having sent it back admitting guilt, you really only have the offer to pay the fine or a course. Did you keep the details of the contact numbers, so that you can call them and ask which will give you peace of mind or know what you options are ?
It is unlikely that they have 'lost you', but it might be one of many reasons as to the delay.