Ernest Marsh wrote:
But only if you lick them!!!
It seems that the Chinese are yet to catch up with the west in the health and safety arena.
It is not as if there are cost implications in using safe products - unless they have enormous stock piles of leaded paint!
I cannot imagine how I survived childhood - all my red and green Meccano pieces had lead based paint, and it never did me any harm!
Think of the water pipes as well,Ernest - ( these days we wouldn't have that problem , any quantity of lead not under 5ft of concrete would end up ,in a block after being melted down, to a scrappie,on the back of a Transit). We also had the joys of a pure water supply ( almost pure acid from peat bogs). That pure that at times we got tadpoles out of the tap . These days there's warnings about acid in juice for kiddies.
No safety precautions in using red lead.