Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 14:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 22:27 
User

Look... last week's CW reported that a junior minister in the Dft told the CTC that they would not get what they wanted...

(see MM's post - he also subscribes to CW.. but leaves me summat to post :lol: )

But let's look at what the CTC were demanding - and let's not forget that the sniping over changes to the Highway Code may not have curried that much favour as most changes were common sense anyway - and merely putting into black and white the very criteria which prevails at present as far as insurers are concerned.. :roll: They are sharks... :roll: .

They wanted

1. a blanket 20 mph in all urban areas

2. a lower drink drive limit. (France has one - but fines at lower level and bans at same level as UK's global limit. Personally I do not drink anything if I am driving - not one sip )

3. Tougher penalties for uninsured/unqualifieds/recidivist law breakers/hiut and runs..

(Oh - we have signed umpteen campaigns for this.. and the motoring lobbies also want this one... )

4. They wanted all pooints on licences to remain at three poiints ..

Look... they will be placing two points for very minor blips. It ain't a bowl of cherries being proposed 'ere :x :roll:

5. black boxes in cars/

Look .. we have these in police cars and sure it helps if we have an "incident".. but there's a difference between work and play and surveillance of moivement.

Oh sure .. we can argue "nothing to fear if we don't break a law." but mistaken identity.. cloned plates.. car jackings.. and just the being watched for no reason.. does not really make for a tranquil state of mind. We all make mistakes and criminals are very wiley. The ones who get suffer are still the innocent....

I do not want to be seen or perceived as someone snooping on my fellows and I do not want people to be scared or suspicious of the police lest they be prosecuted for some minor misdemenour. :roll: Invasive snooping will bring this about... it's human nature. I think we should be allowed to be human beings .. not robots. It's called "living a life" :wink:

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.