Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 00:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:27 
User

Per CW

Rapha has launched the beskoke cycling suit 8-) 8-)

The London based company 's tradtional ccling jerseys have always appealed to the dedicated follower of fashion

But now Rapha is "raising the standard" with a 3 piece suit - designed by leading tailor Timothy Everest.

Ummm.. it costs three thousand quid :shock: :shock: Hey .. that's twice what me Cannondale cost :shock: :shock:

OK so what's it made of? Spun gold?

Nope.

Wool (showerproof/hardwearing) from Clissold of Huddersfield and you get a jacket.. waistcoat and either trousers or plus-fours

The pieces are allegedly packed with "cycling specific features" :?

The jacket has a " button storm collar", extendable cuffs for riding position,, shooulder pleats for leaning forward , with an inverted pleat down the middle and buttons on all the pocket flaps. It also has two back polckets. The waistcoat also has two back pockets. :o

The trousers have a

Quote:
reinforced seat
(Where's Mr whoo-hoo when we need him :hehe:)

The trousers have a high back - "angle adjusted.r" :) and a tab and button to keep them off the chain.

The designer happens to be a CW reader/keen cyclist and has dressed everyone from cabinet minsiters :x (Ya mean they spend £3K on a suit and we pay for it :banghead:) to Tom Cruise and .. err .. David Beckham..

Everest the designer wrote:

I think there's a return to nostalgia - especially in London and there's been a revival of facial hair and so on, Cycling is a very traditional pastime, but it's also very cool and fashionable again. Tailoring is also very traditional and we are tyring to make it cool and fashionable again. Let's go backwards before we can go forwards

CW promises a full article and fashion shoot on this.

My wife has told me that on no account must I grow a beard and moustache and start riding around in £3k's worth of plus-fours. She already puts up with "more than enough" :hehe:

I have mental visions of bearded "hooray-henry's" cycling "traditonally on London's pavements.. waving as they jump red lights" :shock:

But to the fellow cycling hoons out there - would you really wear a three piece suit costing £3K when lycra trewsers with dainty day-glo stripes (which my wife comments make me look like a right plonker " :hehe: are just so practical

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.