Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 08:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 14:56 
User

:gatso2: From You Tube -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o3B601Ndsg

Seconds before impact, it's clearly visible that the cyclist is looking DOWN. Not AHEAD.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 18:46 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
I've seen it, and I'm eagerly waiting for Weepy to explain this one. I'd suggest, we'll see him make like his mate GS ,AND SUBMERGE.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 20:25 
User

botach wrote:
I've seen it, and I'm eagerly waiting for Weepy to explain this one. I'd suggest, we'll see him make like his mate GS ,AND SUBMERGE.

He spent way too long looking down at his GPS by the looks of it.

If he wasn't wearing a helmet he might've seen the car stopped ahead.

At least he wasn't driving his car and looking down on his mobile at the time, things would've been much much worse (happens everyday on our roads of course, resulting in serious injuries and deaths)

Why do you think I have to explain it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 20:40 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I could resort to a bit of "weepyism" and ignore the last comment, but I asked how you'd explain the actions of what you term "those who can do no wrong" ( from your previous posts you are of the opinion that red lights and total disregard of road traffic laws, do NOT apply to cyclists). I see it regularly - cyclist fails to obey traffic signals, cyclist narrowly misses or hits pedestrian on pavement, or cyclist is caught in the middle of a road junction ,going the wrong way ,and ONLY the actions and observations of drivers prevent a nasty accident. from your previous comments you admit that cyclists are beyond reproach .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 09:08 
User

botach wrote:
but I asked how you'd explain the actions of what you term 'those who can do no wrong' ( from your previous posts you are of the opinion that red lights and total disregard of road traffic laws, do NOT apply to cyclists).

I'll ask you again, where have I written this?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 16:01 
Gold Member
Gold Member

weepej wrote:
botach wrote:
but I asked how you'd explain the actions of what you term 'those who can do no wrong' ( from your previous posts you are of the opinion that red lights and total disregard of road traffic laws, do NOT apply to cyclists).

I'll ask you again, where have I written this?

Same place ( if you can remember all those places where you have failed to answer equations. ), but you seem to suffer from some form of memory disorder, possibly from many years of cycling without regard for the HC. I'd challenge you on your disregard of failed answers, but no doubt you'd find some reason to come back ,as usual with an Ad hominie complaint.
but honestly - IF a cyclist fails to see a parked car and crashes into it- perhaps the time has come for cyclists to be regulated ,and insured. ( And possibly compulsory EYE CHECKS on cyclists).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 21:53 
User

botach wrote:

Same place ( if you can remember all those places where you have failed to answer equations. ), but you seem to suffer from some form of memory disorder, possibly from many years of cycling without regard for the HC. I'd challenge you on your disregard of failed answers, but no doubt you'd find some reason to come back ,as usual with an Ad hominie complaint

Ad hominem and personal abuse, and STILL no evidence to support your claims, plus you assert that I cycle without regard for the highway code without anything to back you up.

botach wrote:
but honestly - IF a cyclist fails to see a parked car and crashes into it- perhaps the time has come for cyclists to be regulated ,and insured. ( And possibly compulsory EYE CHECKS on cyclists).

That doesn't stop people driving cars crashing into stopped vehicles, and the outcomes are MUCH worse.

Cycling will never be regulated like motoring, not going to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 23:33 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Board index » Specific road user groups » Cycling

REMEMBER THAT .Then there's post topic "Cyclist fails to see parked learner driver". This post WAS all about A CYCLIST FAILING TO SEE A PARKED CAR, learner or not, not about
Quote:
That doesn't stop people driving cars crashing into stopped vehicles, and the outcomes are MUCH worse.
, from a certain cycling keyboard warrior of proven anti car credentials , attempting to take yet another post so far off topic, that I'm compelled to ask mods to censure him for another attempt to hijack a post for his fanatic beliefs.
Then ,I'd ask the admin to look through the stack of posts ,asking him( her or it) , to answer questions put to him. I believe ,that Robin XE asked it on many occasions to justify statements/assertions and we still wait for an answer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 19:55 
User

:gatso2: In July 2004, I saw a cycle race on the A66 between Keswick and Threlkeld. What was noticeable about it, was that it was well-marshalled. Best of all, there were signs placed by the roadside at regular intervals - "DON'T LOOK DOWN AT THE ROAD". Marshalls were unafraid to shout at any competitor who was ignoring that instruction.

What we have now, are cyclists who don't regard cycling as an environmentally-friendly way of getting from A to B. They see it as a sport. As such, many cyclists seem to think they're Mark Cavendish or Sir Bradley Wiggins. When those cyclists are out on the public roads, they "go aero", as if to say, "I'm on my own time trial here. I'm going to beat my own personal best time".

Last edited by CJG on Fri Jun 12, 2015 16:29, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 00:50 
Gold Member
Gold Member

:clap: :clap: ( but go and get an anti spam suite fitted). The king of cycle spam will soon be along to give you his unhealthy diet of spam ,be it fried or boiled. And all on a racing narrow rim cycle wheel.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 16:35 
User

[quote="weepej]If he wasn't wearing a helmet he might've seen the car stopped ahead.

[/quote]

:gatso2:If he wasn't wearing a helmet he might have received a nasty head injury from the collision with the back of the car or the road surface.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 21:03 
User

CJG wrote:
What we have now, are cyclists who don't regard cycling as an environmentally-friendly way of getting from A to B.

What we have now?

The title of the photo is "Penny Farthing Race".

These guys were not slow.. That's a one to one gear ratio there turning a very big wheel.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 21:05 
User

CJG wrote:
:gatso2:If he wasn't wearing a helmet he might have received a nasty head injury from the collision with the back of the car or the road surface.

Probably not as I believe his forward vision would not have been obstructed as it was and his peripheral vision would have detected the parked car.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 21:17 
User

botach wrote:
of proven anti car credentials , .

Anti car, I drive a car, love driving, I've driven all over Europe and the USA, and the UK, how am I anti car?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 01:06 
Gold Member
Gold Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picker

Also means nit picking parts of posts on forums to make trivial point a scores, a tactic often used by those who can only find stuff at the lower reaches of the barrel to bring up.

Quote:

Post subject: Re: You Tube - Cyclist fails to see parked learner driver Reply with quote
botach wrote:
of proven anti car credentials , .

Anti car, I drive a car, love driving, I've driven all over Europe and the USA, and the UK, how am I anti car?

Pray tell us ,why you are not. Another question, I fear we'll not get an answer to . It'll slip away ( a la Michele of la resistance, like phantom of the night, or descend into the depths as his mate (Cap'n Pugwash does) ). Like so many of those unanswered Questions, that CPJ remembers that weepy has failed to remember, to answer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 09:58 
User

botach wrote:
Pray tell us ,why you are not [anti car]. Another question, I fear we'll not get an answer to . It'll slip away ( a la Michele of la resistance, like phantom of the night, or descend into the depths as his mate (Cap'n Pugwash does) ). Like so many of those unanswered Questions, that CPJ remembers that weepy has failed to remember, to answer.

Another question I've already answered before you asked it. I said above, I drive, I'm not anti car. No wonder you don't think I don't answer any questions, again, I seriously worry about your comprehension skills.

Can I ask you again, because you've not answered, where I wrote cyclists are 'those who can do no wrong' and that red lights and total disregard of road traffic laws, do NOT apply to cyclists?

Also remind me who's failing to answer questions here?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:02 
User

botach wrote:
attempting to take yet another post so far off topic

That was not an off topic post. You suggested licencing and insuring cyclists would stop them riding into the backs of cars.

I disagree as it clearly doesn't stop drivers driving into the back of cars.

What's off topic about that?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 19:45 

That must mean there's no point licensing and insuring car drivers either then?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 00:35 
Gold Member
Gold Member

weepej wrote:
botach wrote:
Pray tell us ,why you are not [anti car]. Another question, I fear we'll not get an answer to . It'll slip away ( a la Michele of la resistance, like phantom of the night, or descend into the depths as his mate (Cap'n Pugwash does) ). Like so many of those unanswered Questions, that CPJ remembers that weepy has failed to remember, to answer.

Another question I've already answered before you asked it. I said above, I drive, I'm not anti car. No wonder you don't think I don't answer any questions, again, I seriously worry about your comprehension skills.

Can I ask you again, because you've not answered, where I wrote cyclists are 'those who can do no wrong' and that red lights and total disregard of road traffic laws, do NOT apply to cyclists?

Also remind me who's failing to answer questions here?

I could answer that, but once again, you are heading down the ad hominie road. You attempt to say I'm anti cyclist. I'm anti idiot, as in the bloke who thought it was a great idea the other day to make life difficult for drivers /make his life more dangerous in preventing overtakes on a straight clear bit of road, then decided to undertake a line of cars to go through a red light ,that had been on for a good few minutes ,and head into a possible line of traffic on a major route under improvement, an a stretch of road that was ,at that point single carriageway,and only wide enough for LARGE VANS.HGV, would have wiped him out, or caused a major incident avoiding him, with the driver having to spend weeks off work ,undergoing counselling. WHO pray tell pays for that. ANY insured driver would be covered with INSURANCE, but not Mr Idiot.
In today's society, with traffic regulation so reliant on robot enforcement, cyclists are regularly flouting traffic laws ( set up to ensure the safety of ALL road users), and placing other road users at danger. WHY- because they are invisible to robot enforcement, as the PCSO brought in to police cyclists are being drafted to do other duties. I'd ask WHY you are so anti registration /licencing/insuring of cyclists. Is it because YOU ( as your posts suggest) condone ignorance of traffic regulations by cyclists. You have NEVER spoken out against this activity, but shout about mal treatment of cyclists by motorists.