Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 13:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 22:48 
User

I really do recommend that all cyclists on board and our lurking pals do buy this week's edition to read, digest and keep. :wink: Shall summarise the piece in own words. :wink:

The piece does remind that we all enjoy a bike ride in nice warm weather and realise that some of us just prefer to return to Terry Wogan, the car heater and a huddle when the winter chills set in. :lol: :lol:

After recent events in London - the authorities extolled the virtues of the short distance commute but CW admits that it can be a real chore in winter but tells us that it's still possible to enjoy - given the right kit, gear and a dollpop of that elusive factor motivation .

They reckon for us racy types - a commute is the way to get in the practice! :wink: It gets in that needed hour of training up the muscles. :wink: (I cheat - I admit it! There that nice spinning machine and the cute instructor at the gym -- :shhh: don't tell my wif :lol: :lol: !

However, in this peice they remind me that a hot shower awaits my return from a bike ride in the cold drizzle, and the cold will make me pedal all the harder... :? :? :? :shock: :? and that if I bike it to work - I will not be so stressed! (Yeah right! If only they knew... tis lonely up here - even though I get people to shine my shoes and do my ironing for me... :lol: ) Mad Doc and Wildy :neko: still reckon the dulctet tone of our chief TOG Tel and some decent music keep their tempers in a traffic jam.... :wink:

However, they reckon that the ability to weave and go cross country means you arrive without too many hold ups and thus you are stress free. Wildy :neko: and Kriss? They ride :yikes: motorbikes sometimes.. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Er..... yeah right .....stress free sounds about right but what about ....

white van man! Numpties, Bendy buses , taxi drivers and the Maureens of this world.... not to mention :? :? - no better not! :twisted: :twisted:

So - are you tempted to ditch the car and ride the bike in winter? :P :twisted: :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.

Profile Send private message