Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 08:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 23:41 
User

CW do seem to encourage COAST throughout their special here :lol: :lol: :lol: They lurk you know :lol: :wink:

They tell you to to Plan Ahead .

They tell you to have at least two days off per week where you DRIVE to work instead! Ah.. common sense :wink:

They tell you to take a week's supply of clean clothes to the office to change into. Sound advice - chap and occasionally wife who press my troosers will be well chuffed :wink:

Use Friday to bring home the dirty laundry. :shock: My wife - Alice would not be pleased at this. She has enough with our two eldest students there

You will be hungry - keep snacks to hand.... :roll: You should not encourage me to keep a bag of doughnuts in a handlebar bag :lol:

Take Lucozade or Red Bull to give energy :yesyes:

In an ideal world the office has showers... Get real :roll: - but if not use Wet Ones and other wipes to freshen up.

Keep a stock of deodorants at work Yup - it does say this - not making it up and I know Krissi caused some upset over the road on C+ by making a similar comment last December :paperbag:

They also admit this in CW by the way and another Krissi comment. They lurked and read 'er I am now convinced!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

They say

- and I thought I was going to build bridges... :paperbag:

Riding home in damp riding lycra and chamois is horrible an understatement if ever there was one... :roll: :wink: They suggest keeping a spare dry kit at work and finding somewhere to hang out the damp stuff to dry in the office. Fine if they have some facilities :roll: Police are lucky in this respect as is Mad Doc I think - and Wildy :neko: but they are in professions which require routine showers with some special lurgy zapping substances

They advise a good breaksfast before your commute and if you cannot face the full monty of Weetabix foolowed a fry up :lol: - then do drink a glucose drink and some cereal nibbles as you ride. Oat cakes and flap jacks are a good nibble :wink:

Pack your stuff the night before - saves time in the morning (applies to those who love cars too much :wink: )

Minimise the amount you carry. If you must take work home - coincide with drive-in days :wink:

If your commute is a very long distance and a return ride is just too much. CW suggests driving one way with car in boot and riding back and riding to work next day and driving back. But this depends on provisiona nd security of works' car parks. :roll:

I am sure there are things people can debate here and I urge all to comment - and hopefully our cyclist lurkers will bit here and join in.

I am sure we have enough to put all these threads into a sub-section. Not to segregate as such but to make an easy-find reference for those who cycle or wish to cycle. Just a thought - but still realtively easy to find in "Chat or "Improve" sestions of the board.....

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.

Profile Send private message