Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 18:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 01:53 
User

Ahh! Now we have it. Why cyclists really like scameras! :wink:

Less :bib: menas they can cycle with gay abandon over pavements and through red lights!

No - not been drinking after choir :lol: Just reading the letters in
CW :twisted:

This cannot be her real name - :shock:

Hatty le Mawm in CW wrote:

Recent stories have shown that cyclists are not being ignored - but actively targetted against ]/quote]

Eh? :shock: :? Funny - thought all me and the lads did was hunt down hapless drivers :roll: and fine 'em :? Oh so that's where they redirected the cops then - to nabbing pavement cyclists then :wink: Apart from that - bruv tells me GMP atre getting CCTV converted to ANPR to track cars througout Manchester and there's talk of everyone have to have an ID card type driving licence instead of the quaint paper one! Sure cyclists are "perscuted and singled out" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hatty Le Moaner wrote:

The police approach to cyclists is very worrying especially when you consider thier heavy handed approach to Critical Mass"

:scratchchin:

Really?

All we want is a pre-event warning and a route so that we can police prpperly and keep traffic flowing both for drivers and cyclists. Hardly heavy handed :roll:

Hatty Le Moaner wrote:

And given that a Yorkshire health and safety official highlighted the dangers of childrens bikes shows that the authorities are against opur non polluting pastime

:rotfl: I am sure CW only published this so that I could cough my Horlicks all over my keyboard :shock:

The HSE simply pointed out that parents give a child a bike and like they do not always teach Green Cross - fail to ensure they understand road safety before letting them loos unsupervised. The HSE simply advised parents to think hard about training courses and proficiiency tests. Plain ordinary common sense.

Methinks Hatty Le Moaner picked up wrong mag at book shelf :wink:

She finishes

Quote:

Cyclists should not feel hard one by - they should feel paranoid as well

Too right Hatty - those twinkling Christmas lights are really blue flashing lights - just for you! :wink: :twisted: 8-) :) :D

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 14:30 
User

Hatty has got it all wrong - I don't know which planet she is living on but it's not the BiB she wants to worry about but drivers in general, especially the ones who keep within the white lines while overtaking without slowing down. :x