Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 02:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rhyl CC joins RoadPeace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:14 
User

Following the recent tragedy - Rhyl CC has joined RoadPeace.

Apparently Roadpeace has told them

CW quoting Martin MrArthur and Allan Ramsay - a keen cyclist and Roadpeace spokesperson wrote:

Roadpeace welcomes Rhyl CC and we look forward to working with them to promote cycling and reduce road danger to them

Ah... so a hidden agenda?

I think Wildy said it all on the Roadpeace forum here.

As a family - we have far more patience, time and respect for Mary Williams than we have for this one - as family and pals as a whole fear they are being hi-jacked by some miltiant eco-warrior types and let emotion rule their heads.

At least BRAKE have worked towards improving garage repair services, have released the right messages concering fatigue, drugs and drink and I would even say their services in helping the bereaved are very much better and more balanced on whole than RoadPeace per current outpourings.

Moreover, BRAKE did issue some PR agreeing that driver training was a part of the overall jigsaw in promoting a comprehensive road safety for ALL policy. RP on the other hand seem against - per the thread elsewhere - and I think they should really consider how far a speed camera prevents the cyclist being killed when a mother takes her eyes off the road to soothe a two year old - as was the cause of severe tragedy for their deputy chairperson.

No one is trivialising this grief - but campaigns built entirely on subjective emotion do not make for best policy for all and I would urge RoadPeace to be more objective and look further than speed cameras as a "cure all"

I have to admit that BRAKE do look a lot further. Unfortunately, this other work is swept aside because of placing speed as top priority when it should appear further down the list as driver standards need improving first if we are to achieve any significant responsibility as to choice of safest speed for conditions

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.