Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 20:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 21:27 
User

:cry: :cry:

Manchester ("MEN" - reporter - Peter Green - page 12 of the 15 May edition)

GMP are hunting the driver of a Blue Rover who left Shaun Brennan to die on a Wigan road.

His sister says he will be missed,

(Yes .. I know .. tooo damned well. :cry: :cry: and my heart is with you.)

Police say the collision occurred on Bell Street, Wigan and they think the car is a blue ZR hatchback.

A similar car was found .. a burnt out wreck near this accident scene. Police think this is the vehicle and it's undergoing forensics ..

Witnesses say a blue Rover drove at high speed in the area .. before the Bell Lane tragedy.

Insp Paul Goss asks for anyone seeing this car or seeing someone torch a car matching the description to contact him - either anonymously on Crimestoppers - 0800 555 111 or by contacting GMP direct on 0161 -856 7251.

As the Inspector says ..

someone died as a result of this and someone out there need to examine their conscience and come forward with some information

If they hit on this site.. I hope so. I want police and I want dangerous to be caught.

I do not want easy targets .. and people made to feel criminal over silly blips .. but I do want dangerous to be caught and I do not see a speed camera as delivering any of this.

Capice Tone? and your littel Fwendz!

Smilies are contagious
They are just like the flu
We use our smilies on YOU today
Now Good Causes are smiling too!

KEEP SMILING
It makes folk wonder just what you REALLY got up to last night!

Smily to penny.. penny to pound
safespeed prospers-smiles all round! !

But the real message? SMILE.. GO ON ! DO IT! and the world will smile with you!
Enjoy life! You only have the one bite at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 20:42 
User

Pleased to be able to updated that an 20 year old and an 18 year old are "helping police with their enquiries" on this tragic case.

The MG ZR had been seen by many at high speeds through Wigan before this crash and a car answering the description was found as a burn out heap shortly afterwards. It's undergoing forensics ...

However, police still want anyone who may think they saw the car being dumped and torched to come forward as they need further evidence.

The deceased's mother paid tribute to her 36 year old son by stating he is a very sad loss to all who knew him.

Indeed. I am sure everyone reading this will have sincerest condolences to the family.

It's cases like this which prove that we need more police out there. We do not want 25,000 properly trained and able policemen replaced by PCSOs with no clout and less than appropriate training and power for the job.

It's cases like this which prove we do not want or need speed cameras to make our roads safe. Rather, it adds to the evidence that we need real police to deter and catch these people.

We also want a criminal justice system which delivers justice properly and according to the crime committed. We actually WANT the truly dangerous off the roads and placed where they belong.. in a dungeon.

But at the same time - we do have to balance the revenge aspect and show some compassion for those who cause an accident - any accident road/domestic/work - through just one split second of a tragic error or circumstance - and who willl suffer appalling guilt and self hate as a result.

Smilies are contagious
They are just like the flu
We use our smilies on YOU today
Now Good Causes are smiling too!

KEEP SMILING
It makes folk wonder just what you REALLY got up to last night!

Smily to penny.. penny to pound
safespeed prospers-smiles all round! !

But the real message? SMILE.. GO ON ! DO IT! and the world will smile with you!
Enjoy life! You only have the one bite at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 14:33 
User

Some good news on this one.. it seem 37 year old man, 36 year old man und a 19 year old girl are arrested on suspicion of stealing this car und the 37 year on suspicion of causing this death by very dangerous driving.

Ist to be hoped they have right ones - und proven guilty - then they should get the maximum. Ist these people who cause most of the tragedies. Almost every tragedy reported seem to involve a stolen car - unlicenced driver... :roll: or so it seem from each edition of the local papers we prefer to read as they are local und full of the flavour of their town und people who live there.

When I go on holiday - I always buy the local papers .. you get to "feel" the place und appreciate the sightseeing that bit more as a result.

UND OUR SMILEYS? Smile ... und the the world smiles with you.
Smiley guy seen when you read
Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Greatest love & Greatest Achievements Require Greatest Risk
But if you lose the driving plan - don't lose the COAST lesson.
Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!