Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 06:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: British Heart Foundation
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 17:42 
User

The BHF ist organising bike rides across UK in June. Visit their website or phone 020 7487 9434 for more information.

I gather London Brighton ist already over subscribed but they have plenty of others We have of course signed up for Champagne one next June und we plan to join Andreas on the Wiltshire one in August.. Will be entire Swiss family on that one :yikes:

They have a lot of events including walks und they are nice holiday ideas too. You can register online und have a holiday which make money for the charity as well as making you new pals und giving most relaxing break.

Und you thought all we gabble about ist motor cars.. Lurks/browsers etc - please pass on the information. Ist way to SAVE MORE LIVES - nicht? as well as right good bike ride..

They even have one along the Nile :shock:

You can contact the charity at address below too.

14 Fitzhardinge Street London W1H 6DH 020 7935 0185
Heart Information Line 08450 70 80 70

UND OUR SMILEYS? Smile ... und the the world smiles with you.
Smiley guy seen when you read
Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Greatest love & Greatest Achievements Require Greatest Risk
But if you lose the driving plan - don't lose the COAST lesson.
Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 20:14 
User

Yet another plug for the BHF lifecycle campaign - cycling members/safespeed posters/C+ posters/acf posters und lurkers - PLEASE pass to all Cycling fora und clubs!

BHF want us all to ENJOY a fun day in June und HELP SAVE LIVES!

If you have a bike - then BHF want you to ride for them in their HELP A HEART WEEK in June und all proceeds go to research into heart disease und funding medicines for those with a heart problem or needing anti-rejection drugs following a transplant. Please bear in mind that heart illness und disease ist not due to people eating junk und smoking.. a virus or bacteria infection can seriously attack the heart muscle und most transplant requirements are result of bad viral attack as opposed to bad lifestyle. Ist really my Mad Doc husband's field .. but I see this advert und I feel I should try to bring to attention und drum up support.

BHF have some organised rides or if you like - you can sign up to a spinning session at the gym or even organise your own event as

Quote:

:listenup:

as long as you can cycle - anything goes!

If you are interested und want a decent bike ride which not only give you pleasure but also help others then PLEASE

visit

www.bhf.org.uk/lifecycle

or phone

0870 122 0797.

We have signed up und the Swiss family have organised their own bike ride via this good cause.

By the way - I give my old clothes to the BHF und other charity shops. I also buy some rather nice clothes from these places too. I am thus fairly "greeny" :wink:

Und we do save our bottles und newspapers und make one weekly visit to the recycling bins which we also combine with our weekly shop for a mini-army. :lol:

So-OH! We are a bit "greeny" minded - nicht? :lol:

Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 00:58 
User

The dates on the website don't show any August ones, is there another sourse? I can't really do much until after July.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:37 
User

No worries Liebchen - they have joined with Sustrans und CTC - so am sure there will be other rides to continue into July und August - ist just that they have made June "a profile month".

Some of family phoned und planned their own. I think lieber Cousin Siegli has one planned around Bamburgh in mid-July und my own sister plans one around Wensleydale - taking in Aysgarth Falls on way. This one she plan for late July because she also making a scarecrow for another Dales event. Ist in Kettlewell - mid August und all proceeds of this "Hunt the Scarecrows" go to charities. (They are really very good - they have had the Three Tenors (complete with "Nessun Dorma") in the past .... und the one which showed ALL the local vets in action ... :rotfl:

If you like to join in with some short rides - my other cousin that :evil: :twisted: rogue called Andreas ist arranging a series of short rides throughout the summer for those with some health problems around the Pembrokeshire area. I think 10 mile loops starting from next weekend und he plan to continue with his chums taking over in rota throughout the summer. After all - some of us cannot ride miles und miles. :wink: Ist also good if someone with less time available could arrange something like this which encourage those who are not so fit to try it out. You could contact the BHF/CTC to see if you could plan something like this with a friend und they tell you how to advertise und get folk interested.. und they print the leaflets to inform for you.

All proceeds again go to BHF.

I think also Cancer Research also have some events of this type as well. As do the HIV und Viral Research Charities as virus can attack the heart.

Ist good way to have fun und know the leisure/pleasure rides help others

:lol:

Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!