Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 22:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Gear Up for Proper Cover
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 21:36 
User

Is the headline in the Finance section of the "Manchester Evening" as reported by Sheryl Moore on page 19/

The reporter comments that more of us are now taking to the saddle and we must ensure we are properly covered for insurance.

:wink: Told ya! If we have millions cycling - laws will HAVE TO CHANGE and it may be that we have speed cams fining us for pedalling too hard! :roll:

As we all know Churchill did a survey and found that we had all splashed out on bikes big time :wink: in the past year.

They also found that a whopping one in five cyclists had reported theft of their two wheely shiny pride and joy.. :roll:

As cyclists are - per their own admission - "more vulnerable to injury" for any one reason - insurers are now touting for more business by asking cyclists to consider how well insured they really are. :wink:

But as some of the posters here and elsewhere say.. they insure via home insurance - and for as little as £7.50 pa - yo get £500 cover. This does not cover NHS costs in case of injury and why the hell should the driver's insurer pay if the cyclist was clearly to blame

In the case of theft? I paid a lot more than £500 for my bike .. about £1500 for each one me and Wildy own. I thus took out insurance to be consistent with this cost and I pay about £30 per year per bike in the household - and am covered for theft, injury and injury we may cause if stupid... :roll: :wink: :roll:

So .. cyclists... members.. users.. browsers .. lurkers...

Please do look at this site

www.insuresupermarket.com (google for insuresupermarket - if link fails :roll: )

DO#

Have bike marked by police

check if you need a spcific log

MAKE SURE you have make, model, size, colour, in WRITING in case some chave steals the prized possession

CHECK that your polciy covers you for full value of bike or offers a replacement.

Remember - most of these insurers are sharks with an eye on the bottom line. but also bear in mind that your premium buys the protection you require and it is your responsibity too check out and negotiate best deal for your cycling needs!

Smilies are contagious
They are just like the flu
We use our smilies on YOU today
Now Good Causes are smiling too!

KEEP SMILING
It makes folk wonder just what you REALLY got up to last night!

Smily to penny.. penny to pound
safespeed prospers-smiles all round! !

But the real message? SMILE.. GO ON ! DO IT! and the world will smile with you!
Enjoy life! You only have the one bite at it.

Profile Send private message