Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Well, I crashed
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 18:46 
Gold Member
Gold Member

T'other day I went to my running club as per usuall. The drive home was uneventful, nice evening, light traffic and Tenacious D on the CD player 8-) .

The annoying thing about my crash was that it happened right at the end of my journey, on my drive. My neighbour has erected a nice new fence betwix my and her drive. New concrete posts and 4ft wood panels. I need to keep as close a poss to the fence so I can get the bike out. This is where the problems arose. While reversing onto my drive and positioning the car a concrete fence post jumped out behind my rear bumper and scratched the bumper and rear wing.

The damage to my wing is going to take several minutes to polish out, but I have not contacted my insurance company to confirm this. Should I sue my neighbour for installing posts that damage my car, or should I contact Essex Safety Camera Partnership and see if the can do anything about idiots reversing onto their own drive and hitting a stationary fence post?

Domestic Specs cameras must surely be the answer to this problem :idea:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Well, I crashed
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 20:54 
User

How fast were you reversing?

You know that speed kills - what on earth were you thinking?? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 22:04 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Careful - the cruelity to concrete fence posts lot will be baying for blood -did you not call out a concrete paramedic to ensure that said post had not suffered a trauama ,or a repair expert to repair damage ? . Expect a nasty litigation letter from "concrete lawyers for u" ,and a massive cliam for injury/trauma and suffering in your next post . :D :wink:

Wuldn't suggest contacting Essex SCP -especially if the ground is soft - those white high heels sink right in :D :D

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 07:44 
Life Member
Life Member

I blame the Teancious D for making you laugh at an inappropriate moment:

"How about the ability to kill a yak from 200 yards away.... with mind bullets? That's telekinesis, Kyle"

(Which won't mean anything to the rest of you)

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:55 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If you had knocked it completely over would there be a post mortem? (Groan) :bunker:

Probably not cuz they'd have nothing concrete to go on. You'd get a few stoney looks though. :D

Sorry :oops:

You will be branded a threat to society by going over a speed limit where it is safe to do so, and suffer the consequences of your actions in a way criminals do not, more so than someone who is a real threat to our society.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 18:35 
User

Big Tone wrote:
If you had knocked it completely over would there be a post mortem? (Groan) :bunker:

its grown on me that.... very good.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 19:47 

Thanks for your "posting" of your accident Adam, no doubt a speed limit lowering and speed bumps for your drive and the road for a two mile radius of your house, will be debated by the local parish council and a scammera will be erected on your drive very shortly, followed by locals with speed guns popping out from behind your neighbours fence at every opportunity. it had to happen one day and it's your own fault for supporting such a radical group such as Safespeed.....;-)

My views do not represent Safespeed but those of a driver who has driven for 39 yrs, in all conditions, at all times of the day & night on every type of road and covered well over a million miles, so knows a bit about what makes for safety on the road,what is really dangerous and needs to be observed when driving and quite frankly, the speedo is way down on my list of things to observe to negotiate Britain's roads safely, but I don't expect some fool who sits behind a desk all day to appreciate that.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 23:42 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
adam.L wrote:
T'other day I went to my running club as per usuall. The drive home was uneventful, nice evening, light traffic and Tenacious D on the CD player 8-) .

The annoying thing about my crash was that it happened right at the end of my journey, on my drive. My neighbour has erected a nice new fence betwix my and her drive. New concrete posts and 4ft wood panels. I need to keep as close a poss to the fence so I can get the bike out. This is where the problems arose. While reversing onto my drive and positioning the car a concrete fence post jumped out behind my rear bumper and scratched the bumper and rear wing.

The damage to my wing is going to take several minutes to polish out, but I have not contacted my insurance company to confirm this. Should I sue my neighbour for installing posts that damage my car, or should I contact Essex Safety Camera Partnership and see if the can do anything about idiots reversing onto their own drive and hitting a stationary fence post?

Domestic Specs cameras must surely be the answer to this problem :idea:

On second looks -"Should be looing at going to Specksavers " :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 07:57 
Life Member
Life Member

I think you should paint the fence yellow and install speed activated signs

“It has never been the rule in this country – I hope it never will be - that suspected criminal offences must automatically be the subject of prosecution” He added that there should be a prosecution: “wherever it appears that the offence or the circumstances of its commission is or are of such a character that a prosecution in respect thereof is required in the public interest”
This approach has been endorsed by Attorney General ever since 1951. CPS Code

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 09:26 
Gold Member
Gold Member

anton wrote:
I think you should paint the fence yellow and install speed activated signs

Good point, new concrete is a grey colour, my car is silver :scratchchin: camouflaged?