Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 13:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 22:21 
User

Is this the future of motorcycling, or even transport in general? Discuss.

ENV

From their main site Intelligent Energy

Quote:
The ENV began its life as a fuel cell technology demonstrator and was launched to the world in March 2005. The subsequent global reaction to seeing a purpose-designed fuel cell application has been overwhelming.

Still under two years from the launch of the two ENV prototypes the estimated audience reach from media coverage is well over a third of a billion people - and still growing daily.

We now have an ENV community of would-be purchasers ranging from serious scientists to yet-to-be-old-enough-to ride teenagers and representing every possible kind of interest.

Most want to know when and where they can buy an ENV. Where the hydrogen comes from. How fast it goes. Is it street legal? etc.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 07:27 

Its not a motorcycle, its a bicycle with an electric motor.

It has less power, slower top speed and shorter range than the average 125cc motorcycle. It would be illegal on a motorway. You can also buy a 125 from new for less than £1500 so I wonder how expensive this thing will be.

There is also nowhere to refuel it at present.

I would rather have a wasp's nest stuffed up my ass than get on that hideous piece of crap.

Each to there own I suppose. But like the Sinclair C5, I just cannot understand where the target market is, and worse one that has enough volume to justify mass production.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 09:57 
User

Its silent.

I don't think I need to say any more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:23 
Site Admin

Gizmo wrote:
There is also nowhere to refuel it at present.

And far worse - the energy isn't available to make the fuel without creating a great big 'carbon foot print', which undermines the entire point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:55 
Life Member
Life Member

Think of it as an electric bicycle with a good range and maybe it is OK. Use it for an off road camping trip and you could power lights etc. from the fuel cell.

The refuel would be a problem though and unless the hydrogen is produced with wind/wave etc. power not very eco-friendly.

How about a hire company in a national park with plenty of fuel depots? The problem is most places I could think of using one 'they' would prefer to have no powered vehicles at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:13 
User

far more eco freindly if it wasn't illegal to use is the orgone accumulator. No it's not just a Hawkwind track, there are video's available which show how to make them. they run on water and have no moving parts until the energy is trafered to driven power.
I thought my mate was kidding until I saw the video's. forget the mass of mythology based web sites. if you have a p2p program like limewire, ares etc you should be able to find some video's. One is by an Aussie fella and is very much 'bush engineering' but there are other more scientific ones.