The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 05:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 03:53 
Site Admin

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5c4_1388933726
Dumb Pathetic British Police Step Out On bikers, Causing A Accident
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5c4_1388 ... skH6KR5.99

Shows a policeman check motorists speed. Nothing wrong in that per say, except he isn't holding the camera with 2 hands, and although he has to use his left arm to flag down motorists, he is holding a camera. Coupled with him there in a plain clothes car, I might have carried on and stopped at the nearest Police Station for fear that this may have been a hoax.

It is pretty foggy .... right hand bend for the oncoming traffic.
The policeman stand into the path of the motorcyclist to stop him/her. But ...
....the first bike stops, but the second bike seeing the Policeman late plus the biker in front stops very sharply indeed, fails to stop in time and collides into the back of the first bike and the policeman. He either has an exceptionally close shave or is brushed with it, but either way the policeman standing out into the road like this seriously contributed to this incident.
The biker ought to have had at least 3 to 4 seconds gap, although he does have 2 seconds as far as I can make out at the corner, but ut us pretty thick fog and they are too fast for these conditions.
For the policeman to have been operating like this on a right hand bend (for the oncoming traffic) as it restricts the view of the following traffic, is frankly totally reckless and clearly dangerous. He's wearing a traffic officer hat too, so ought to know a lot, lot better.
I'd love to know where this was and what happened after this? Anyone got any info ?

And then the policeman isn't holding the camera to his nose with 2 hands so that's an issue too.
The fact too that he is trying to catch motorists in the FOG ! To step out into the road by that much was complete foolish recklessness.

As a minimum the police ought to have had a marked police car very visible, in such weather too. There is another car further in from the red car, but little to say that there is a Police Trap 'here'. No reason for them not to be highly visible at this point.
This was an appallingly bad location to operate a speed camera trap, even in good weather it is possibly dangerous so close to the corner as it gives following traffic little warning of the stopped car up ahead. Acting predictably is necessary for safety.

Whilst the motorcyclists were likely to be exceeding the speed limit, and in such fog too is not good at all, but it is no reason for the Police to be acting foolish and recklessly either.
Was this a publicity stunt ? Where was a car meant to have stopped, with the camera crew there especially? ...and what about all the following cars passing a car suddenly stopping? It was very foggy and right after a bend too. With the camera crew in the rest of the lay-by where was the bike/s even meant to park up to be safe?

Why was the Policeman holding what looks like a camera bag in his hand ? That is never the way he ought to have been behaving.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 16:57 
Police Officer
Police Officer

It was being done as a road safety video on the Isle of man and the pillock on the second machine had organised it,but unfortunealy to me he forgot the location of the stop and it ended in tears,this was a few years ago and just got out.

Profile Send private message