The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 06:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Couple of questions.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 21:29 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
One -seeing a lot of HGV parked up on roads like A5 ,with back doors open - any reason ,apart from obviousone -to show that it'sempty and not worth breaking into ??

two - seing a lot of "this vehicle is limited to 70 " on vans -are these restricted to L1/2 on motorways ?(suspect it's the result of transport managers ,as the ones I see are usually Sprinters -not worth doing it to the older Transits )

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Couple of questions.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 21:56 
User

botach wrote:
One -seeing a lot of HGV parked up on roads like A5 ,with back doors open - any reason ,apart from obviousone -to show that it'sempty and not worth breaking into ??

two - seing a lot of "this vehicle is limited to 70 " on vans -are these restricted to L1/2 on motorways ?(suspect it's the result of transport managers ,as the ones I see are usually Sprinters -not worth doing it to the older Transits )

To your first question there is more than one answer.
1. Could be venting a fridge unit.
2.Prevents breakins when empty.(even tautliners or curtain siders do this to prevent the casual stanley knife 'L' cut in curtains to look in).
3.Could be open to get rid of a smell :lol:
4. Could be open in the hope someone will nick whats inside :lol:

It depends on their clasification as a veh. I havent got my book handy but Im sure someone will enlighten. Dont always believe stickers on trucks or vans, some put them on wrongly and often. If you wish to know all this stuff, go and do a CPC (certificate of professional competence) I did and have promptly forgotten 70% of the info :lol: as it was not relevent to me. Tons of bumph info for you to take on doing those courses, but interesting. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 20:53 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ta -Herby --bit about restrictions was more for my own use -waiting for day our PC lot start restricting ours (if you can make a Transit 90 any worse) - only recently I had to educate one of our managers about the relavent limits on our vans etc - he thought that the Connect brought in as replacements for the Fiesta Courier was classed as a car -shocked him when I presented him with a copy of the section of HC.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:55 
User

botach wrote:
Ta -Herby --bit about restrictions was more for my own use -waiting for day our PC lot start restricting ours (if you can make a Transit 90 any worse) - only recently I had to educate one of our managers about the relavent limits on our vans etc - he thought that the Connect brought in as replacements for the Fiesta Courier was classed as a car -shocked him when I presented him with a copy of the section of HC.

I can just imagine his expression :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 00:46 
Gold Member
Gold Member

[quote="Herbie J
I can just imagine his expression :shock: :lol:[/quote]

Especially when as line managers they are regarded by highers up as equavalent transport managers-to take the can on transport issues . (No log driver log book entry -they are responsible etc ) ---brown trouser time and a half when a NIP comes in ,with no driver on books . :lol: :lol: