Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 20:59 
User

Is that posed at me? Personally I'd custom build something which would work for SS. But I'm sure someone with extensive knowledge of Joomla could get it customised to work relatively well for the site.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:24 

I'm back in the midlands from the 7th
I'd jump at the opportunity to meet up with some of you guys if something is in the offing.

I'd like to throw my limited skills into the skills pot but I think the real challemge is goi g to be organisation rather than skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 14:45 
Site Admin

Sorry to post this under Paul's title, but I here at his computer, I need to go up on the roof and make a structure around the header tank for the only log stove that works in my office, but the other day at -11 all the water froze - even the pipes that are on the basement floor and lead back to the mains water in !
As I wanted to respond to this it is easy to do from here, right now - rather than go and set up in an office that is 30 degrees and takes ages to warm even with the stove at full pelt. Happily it is about 2 degrees here today.
(I digress)
Right - the Animation Industry that I have done professionally since 1983 (London start), is you will be pleased to hear a "Team Effort", so I am a natural organise and accept that the best person for the job, enables me to concentrate on other areas, eg PR - book media.
Although Paul's venture into the Media is different from my own envolvement over the years, I have understood and learnt how Paul worked and how it took place, and anything I don't know - I ask.
I really appreciate all the respect and concen that you are all offering. It is a great comfort to me in my (one of many) hour of need !
I really appreciate the money help too.
I have many proposals that I particularly want to chat to other SS snr members about, as I know that you spoke to Paul too.
For one I thought that a money target each month, so you know if I am OK or heading for trouble, may help.
My graphic skills can very easily help me (with other designers doing some work) help to do what I have personally know to be lacking with Paul's site (and many discussions with him), a user friendly 'approachable' site for the person who is not an engineer!
Produce car stickers and a few other items to purchase. I can design but I have bigger things to do like get to grips with all the real stats. so that the PR's can continue and work with others to help me with this.
I know how Paul will have liked to do much of this, so can guide in its design, then commit someone to do this and it can then be implimented.
(I have good & bad times at the moment, and miss him dreadfully, beat myself up for not just taking him to hospital, but to be wise after the event I know gets me no-where.)
By concentrating on this and with your support, I hope to plough through, what people tell me is the worst stage - acceptance & loneliness.
I cannot send any emails from p's computer - no idea why for the minute.
I can find p's website on here, but when I ftp to the website - I cannot find the webpages there? I need to go in through the site admin and I will get my old info (later) to help me do this. I can then set up - claire @ ss.org.uk
I have his mailshot program waiting for the next PR. I hope that my rewording of the obitury was good and maybe could look at sending this - if I can get anything to go at all ?
I have much to do - first the roof - then the above..... call me *anytime*.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 17:45 
Banned
Banned

SafeSpeed wrote:
beat myself up for not just taking him to hospital

I offer you my sincere condolences. Something similar once happened to me. You must have loved him a lot. It is no good looking to blame yourself. He wouldn't want that.

His life was far more important than any web site could ever be. Perhaps someone else could take the strain for a while? In any case, good luck to you. I feel sure you'll find a way to get through this somehow, and keep your memories of the good times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 18:37 
User

mmltonge wrote:
Is that posed at me? Personally I'd custom build something which would work for SS. But I'm sure someone with extensive knowledge of Joomla could get it customised to work relatively well for the site.

No need to custom build, Joomla, JetBox, Umbraco would all do the job "out of the box" - could be interesting, I do get the general impression that the site is disorganised and it is difficult to get to the important information quickly, some sort of IA exercise would be beneficial (as would a redesign!) - obviously one step at a time though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 21:32 
User

SafeSpeed wrote:
I really appreciate all the respect and concen that you are all offering. It is a great comfort to me in my (one of many) hour of need !
I really appreciate the money help too.

Glad to be of any help. Jazz will be setting up a monthly set amount from the spon/don thing we have.

(spon/don =sponsorship & donation. We set this up as a separate account. Regulars on the internet know we are a re large family - probably identified by bringing COAST and a hell of a lot them :D :) :shock: :roll: :wink: guys to abusively cringing degrees into each post. Method in this. Family not all active posters - but lurk and put cash into this account .. usually pennies to pound based on how well we got point across .. or used smilies appropriately. As we tend to waffle a lot :twisted: :twisted: - they fine us a few pennies for this and my wife usually gets "well hammered!" :hehe: Family usually top up as group as well. We seem to think this better than putting a coin in a tin or buying a ribbon or elastic wrist band somehow.

We used to put a decent-ish donation into Paul's Paypal account when we had accrued enough to put a three figure sum into all the good causes we support. We were about to make over this payment when Paul passed away. We channelled the first wave into your new account and propose to make a monthly tick over as we know we can make the funding from this spon/don account.

To all out there .. whatever your means .. I am sure you could afford to buy Claire a spray of flowers each month from the supermarkets/florists. Only don't send the £3 bunch of carnation buds.. send the cash. Collectively from all who supported Paul.. want to continue his legacy Wildy :neko: is right. Dammit :banghead: she usually is - it does mount up collectively to a modestly decent amount based on the pledged support towards the fight back for common sense values - like real police and real driver training.... upping the standards.l

Oh sure we all know this means more tax to fund.. but what the heck.. I'd rather my cash paid over to the taxman deliver more than funding politically incorrect nonsenses. :roll:

safespeedv2 aka one very brave lady wrote:
(I have good & bad times at the moment, and miss him dreadfully, beat myself up for not just taking him to hospital, but to be wise after the event I know gets me no-where.)

Claire love ( heartfelt :love: to you)

Natural reactions. You told my wife Vrenchen that he was pale.. not quite himself but he assured you he was OK.

Claire .. I phoned him to talk about the "spinny" developments about three weeks beforehand. Paul sounded very tired to me at the time. He very stoically told me he felt fine but did need a rest.

Quote:
By concentrating on this and with your support, I hope to plough through, what people tell me is the worst stage - acceptance & loneliness.

Claire.. my sister Jazz is a "Samaritan" in spare time.. and why she has a conflict of time between School/MART (Manchester Against Road Tolls) Samaritan and Family duties.

She is on stand-by. Lurks on this site and she intends to call you anyway to help over this.

Quote:
I have his mailshot program waiting for the next PR. I hope that my rewording of the obitury was good and maybe could look at sending this - if I can get anything to go at all ?

I am sure it would have been.

Finally Claire..

Paul.. sigh.. he needed major heart surgery as I now understand. You could not have prevented the final attack .. nor could you have known so any more than Paul.

Claire.. please focus on the good memories. Remember him.. but please, please accept from me who may be a virologist but one who places folk on heart transplant list if the lurgy attacks the heart muscle and who has assisted in heart swap ops as a result.. there was nothing you or anyone else could have done here - especially from what you confided to my own wife.

I am saying to you that you have no need to "beat yourself up"

He was more poorly than he perhaps wanted to admit. Only natural on the internet and to yourself perhaps. A considerate man and missed.

You have our sincerest condolences.

Paul was unique and one really decent chap. Oh sure.. we know if you know something is obvious and the likes of the keyboard warriors out there cannot see this.. you become as tenacious as they are.

Both Wildy and me have been there.. got the proverbial T shirts. :wink:

I think Paul has the same T shirt. :wink:

Take care .. and even though you do not feel like celebrating the season of good will at the moment .. I will again wish you all the best and as much cheer as you can muster up here - and when me and my wife set off to attend Midnight Mass later.. you and Paul will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Thinking of you and willing you only warmest thoughts via this medium,

All our love to you

Ted and entire family . :love:

Smilies are contagious
They are just like the flu
We use our smilies on YOU today
Now Good Causes are smiling too!

KEEP SMILING
It makes folk wonder just what you REALLY got up to last night!

Smily to penny.. penny to pound
safespeed prospers-smiles all round! !

But the real message? SMILE.. GO ON ! DO IT! and the world will smile with you!
Enjoy life! You only have the one bite at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 05:06 
Site Admin

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 09:46 
New User
New User

so sorry to hear about Paul. I have follwed his work on Safespeed for years ,thas why I have come onto forum out of respect for Paul. This crushing of the legal middle-class car driver has got to stop,or there won't be anyone left to pay the goverment/council cash-cow!