http://www.ipo.gov.uk/p-find-publicatio ... umber=6285

Makes it sound alost legal! :roll:

I can't help but notice the name of the applicant - coincidence??? ;) :D

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 20:53 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
But as to the purpose -watched this post for a bit -still can't see the reasons- apart from having a bit of fun with non official ANPR systems .Will we see road pricing brought in ,in the lifetime of this Gov't -personally ,I don't think so - I think they've read the emotions of the motorists too well,and if they did -wouldn't they be too aware of this sort of product ,and take steps to outlaw it .Now as for supermart systems -I'd love to stuff them up ,but I could do that quire aesly with a second front numberplate with magnetic attachment( or a blank plate), with a bit of modification with some tape .It sees one car going in( not mine ) and mine going out .ADD false plate before going in ( out of sense of ANPR), remove after passing ANPR on way out . System can't show car entering ,so it's not been in longer than allowed - and what can storedo -after all they insist you're on private property .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 21:31 
User

Oscar wrote:

Makes it sound alost legal! :roll:

'An invention does not necessarily have to be either legal to make, sell, buy or use in order to be granted a patent' - another piece of learned legal advice that cost me far more than it's probably worth.

To be honest, I'm getting bloody fed up at the way the authorities take the p*ss these days and this is just a little way I can have a dig back. And it'd be fun if I used it in anger. Could have cost me nothing to use Leeds/Bradford airport's short stay car park twice last week, although I would have had to apologise to the queue behind caused by the ticket machine at the barrier struggling to issue me a ticket. Could have used the two person lane on the M62 on me todd with impunity on Tuesday past that queue of traffic in the roadworks. And I regularly chortle to myself when I drive into central London for meetings. Reckon it'd save me SPECS tickets too.

Irresponsible? Selfish? Greedy? Call it what you will. If I got collared, I'd hold my hand up and take my punishment like a man. But until then...

Ash