Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 06:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 23:51 
User

I have now signed quite a number of the petitions on the No 10 downing street website, including of course Pauls and the Road Chrging one. Some of these petitions have now expired, and the responses have been sent out by the governement.

The responses so far have not been encouraging. They seen to simply be sweeping the issues under the carpet.

So this morning my petition to make it a legal requirement to take action on any petition that accumulaters enough signatures was launched. The suggested action is a national referendum on any petition that gets 100,000 signatures, the result of which to be binding on the government to introduce suitable legislation within three months.

If you believe as I do that it is outrageous that the government can ignore the expressed will of the people, please add your name. It can be found at

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/EPetitonsbinding/

It is not doing too badly so far. I have 225 signatures after 12 hours, which I think makes it the most popular petition that was launched today. I hope you will forgive me for mentioning it here, but it is in the interests of those of us who supported Pauls and other petitions that we work to get them taken notice of.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 23:59 

Just tried but I got the following.....

Quote:
503 Service Unavailable

Petitions site
The site is extremely busy at present, which means we can't show the page you requested, sorry. Please try again later

Looks like Number 10 is struggling for band width.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 03:33 
Pending Verification

Just signed this - got back a reply on the scrap the proposed road tolls petition which I signed a long time ago.

Makes me wonder. They don't intend to do anything at all? They're going to waste 4 billion or so of taxpayers money on a system that won't work? And it'll all go to US/German companies to boot, because they can't be bothered to support UK ones! I'm frothing at the mouth.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 03:50 
User

I think that the best petition is the next "General Election" petition............

When it comes around.........VOTE entirely in the opposite way and get rid of all the deadwood in your area who think that "the job" is "theirs"........whatever the party.

THAT should get their attention!........ :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 03:53 
User

Draco wrote:
I think that the best petition is the next "General Election" petition............

When it comes around.........VOTE entirely in the opposite way and get rid of all the deadwood in your area who think that "the job" is "theirs" by right........whatever the party.

THAT should get their attention!........ :x