Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 07:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 17:16 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If one were to invest in a speed camera company, they would have to listen to you as a shareholder. And if enough people invested, they collective voices would be quite powerfull.

So... if instead of lobbying polititions that just stick their fingers in their ears :speakno: , we bought shares we could dictate where and when cameras are sold and how they are used.... :scratchchin:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 20:20 
User

I'm up for it.

They can have an I.O.U for the steam off my p***s.

Investing in them will only encourage them. We should be aiming to put them OUT of business, not give them more.

Quite honestly, I think the cash would be better used in paying dole money to all the ex-employees until they can find usefull employment.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 13:59 
Suspended
Suspended

adam.L wrote:
If one were to invest in a speed camera company, they would have to listen to you as a shareholder. And if enough people invested, they collective voices would be quite powerfull.

You'd have to become friendly with the board to invest, as I think (unless someone can correct me) that the camera manufacturing companies are private limited companies?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 01:03 

I'm not sure it would be wise to mess with companies who make guns?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 08:40 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was quite amused to see that there is a "non-ethical" investment fund that only puts money into tobacco, alcohol and armaments. Perhaps the camera manufacturers should be added to their portfolio.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 20:31 
Site Admin

Well of course the Animal Rights people are now pretty much running the RSPCA - which is why the RSPCA now often just prosecute than talk and advise - other than the most obvious cases ! IN principal it can work but in practice as the Gov & Councils are involved it 'works' differently.

I am biased, but I would say give the money to Safe Speed :)
A bigger better organisation with more promotion and voices would do more good !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 22:39 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

malcolmw wrote:
I was quite amused to see that there is a "non-ethical" investment fund that only puts money into tobacco, alcohol and armaments.

As a complete aside, I have several thousand pounds in the CAMRA Members' Investment Club, which invests entirely in breweries and pub chains, and in fact hasn't proved to be a bad investment :drink2:

Any views expressed in this post are personal opinions and may not represent the views of Safe Speed