Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 08:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 19:23 
Site Admin

Mark_K wrote:
The problem with this case is that even if it is won all the European Court will do is issue a declaration of incompatability. They cannot strike down the UK law and the chances are the Government will reword the legislation so that speed cameras are exempt.

As I understand it the 'declaration certificate' will become a legal document which could be used by the defence in UK courts. It's then for each individual court to decide if the 'greater law' is being observed. In order to avoid this situation, it is considered likely that government UK will feel forced to change the law.

I also understand that UK government has complied immediately with all previous ECHR judgments.

So I feel quite justified in having my fingers crossed.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 03:08 
User

Paul FYI, I drive daily around the Lancashire, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside area....

I have noticed that the MERSEYSIDE police seem always to STOP the "so called" SPEEDER......after the camera van with REAL police Officers.

They MUST have a reason for this.....as it's very much against the grain?
Not so for Gatsos however...

Still, no points yet from the early '80's......P.S. David Bailey was active today on the A574 Leigh to Warrington Rd (a favorite all along it's length) immediately on leaving the A580 (70 mph) to A574 south-bound (now 30mph, reduced from 40mph)). Ah but I was too quick for him.......he parks his small van at the side of the road, tripod mounted camera and stool in front........(first rule when I was an apprentice eh? ..."make yourself comfortable lad!") You will notice that THIS scam starts IMMEDIATELY upon the CHESHIRE border!....

:D

he's NOT quick enough for me though................. :twisted:

MMMm! thinking about that!..... he's taking pictures of motorists outside of HIS area, across the boundary!......in Greater Manchester in fact!............and HE is from the Cheshire Scumerati.......Is THIS legal? The Cheshire sign is I think betwixt!.........?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 08:50 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Draco wrote:
I have noticed that the MERSEYSIDE police seem always to STOP the "so called" SPEEDER......after the camera van with REAL police Officers.

Might this be ANPR rather than scammers?

Post subject: Mereyside scamerati
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 23:06 
User

They now have proper vans and just take pictures, very rarely see the camera and a police pull after the fact. They have set themselves up a new lets get our money's worth scameraship but it looks like they still use Police as the last one I saw had POLICE on his yellow flak jacket, this was before they got the new big vans that they can sit in away from the wind and rain zapping everyone. At least when he had to be outside with his tripod mounted cash machine you could see him bend down to have a look at what was coming up the road.

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 09:46 

The decision will be handed down on the 29th June for anyone who isn't aware...