Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 06:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

How many accidents, (claim made) have you had to make in the last 5 years?
0 42%  42%  [ 8 ]
1 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
2 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
7 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
8 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
officially not 'my fault' 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
was officially 'my fault' 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
included pedestrian 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
included cyclist 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Took action to avoid an accident 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 20:29 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 02:17
Posts: 7347
Location: Highlands
In discussing how safe a driver we are - as Safe Speed Members but anyone may respond to this :
How many accidents, (claim made) have you had to make in the last 5 years?

If you wish to make comments please feel free to do so.

_________________
Safe Speed for Intelligent Road Safety through proper research, experience & guidance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 20:40 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 02:17
Posts: 7347
Location: Highlands
I have stated 'took avoiding action', as just the other day, in essence came around a corner and was faced with a duck to the left of the road and an oncoming small lorry/large van who was so far out into the road that after initially braking I then drove into the verge going up and over the grassy side and into an area of safety to allow the lorry time and space to avoid me. Had I just remained braking I son't think he would have had the ability nor space to avoid me. (I missed the duck too!) :)

_________________
Safe Speed for Intelligent Road Safety through proper research, experience & guidance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 21:22 
Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 23:26
Posts: 9238
Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Nil accidents.A few frights, that by experience,and COAST I've avoided ,with boy racers.

_________________
lets bring sanity back to speed limits.
Drivers are like donkeys -they respond best to a carrot, not a stick .Road safety experts are like Asses - best kept covered up ,or sat on


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 21:29 
Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 16:34
Posts: 4923
Location: Somewhere between a rock and a hard place
Do I get a brownie point for no accidents despite using three pool cars, another pool van, my friends car and, last but not least, a Motorbike? :D

I'll have an accident now for boasting; just wait and see. :)

_________________
The views expressed in this post are personal opinions and do not necessarily represent the views of Safe Speed.
You will be branded a threat to society by going over a speed limit where it is safe to do so, and suffer the consequences of your actions in a way criminals do not, more so than someone who is a real threat to our society.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 22:50 
Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 23:26
Posts: 9238
Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Big Tone wrote:
Do I get a brownie point for no accidents despite using three pool cars, another pool van, my friends car and, last but not least, a Motorbike? :D

I'll have an accident now for boasting; just wait and see. :)


Problem is that ducking out of accidents ( Soz, SS2) WE attract others . Soz ,Tone. ( Couldn't miss out the attraction between duck & pool). :D

_________________
lets bring sanity back to speed limits.
Drivers are like donkeys -they respond best to a carrot, not a stick .Road safety experts are like Asses - best kept covered up ,or sat on


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 07:38 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 02:17
Posts: 7347
Location: Highlands
How do you mean 'attract others' Botach ?

_________________
Safe Speed for Intelligent Road Safety through proper research, experience & guidance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 00:16 
Offline
User

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 02:25
Posts: 331
Was rear ended twice within 6 weeks 5 years ago. First time was avoiding a red light jumper (who then just carried on and disappeared).

2nd one I was stationary in a queue of traffic and the car behind just drove into the back of mine. She then had the front to deny having done it. The facts that her car had a nice towball shaped dent in it and my recently replaced bumper had two paint marks either side of the towball the same colour as her car was pretty damning. She claimed the paint marks were old ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 
Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 16:34
Posts: 4923
Location: Somewhere between a rock and a hard place
theboxers wrote:
Was rear ended twice within 6 weeks 5 years ago. First time was avoiding a red light jumper (who then just carried on and disappeared).

2nd one I was stationary in a queue of traffic and the car behind just drove into the back of mine. She then had the front to deny having done it. The facts that her car had a nice towball shaped dent in it and my recently replaced bumper had two paint marks either side of the towball the same colour as her car was pretty damning. She claimed the paint marks were old ones.
You should have punched her in the face theboxers. Then when she says “You just punched me, I’m calling the police!” you can say “those aren’t my knuckle marks on your face but the knuckle marks from a previous punch in the face. And the red I have on my hand isn’t your blood but from the halhal chicken a got from my local butcher earlier".

_________________
The views expressed in this post are personal opinions and do not necessarily represent the views of Safe Speed.
You will be branded a threat to society by going over a speed limit where it is safe to do so, and suffer the consequences of your actions in a way criminals do not, more so than someone who is a real threat to our society.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 14:49 
Offline
User

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 02:25
Posts: 331
Big Tone wrote:
theboxers wrote:
Was rear ended twice within 6 weeks 5 years ago. First time was avoiding a red light jumper (who then just carried on and disappeared).

2nd one I was stationary in a queue of traffic and the car behind just drove into the back of mine. She then had the front to deny having done it. The facts that her car had a nice towball shaped dent in it and my recently replaced bumper had two paint marks either side of the towball the same colour as her car was pretty damning. She claimed the paint marks were old ones.
You should have punched her in the face theboxers. Then when she says “You just punched me, I’m calling the police!” you can say “those aren’t my knuckle marks on your face but the knuckle marks from a previous punch in the face. And the red I have on my hand isn’t your blood but from the halhal chicken a got from my local butcher earlier".

Unfortunately too many witnesses to do something like that and it is also not in my nature to think of it. From the condition of her car it is something that has happened to her before, I was just there when she did this one.

I did suggest calling the police. That was the time she changed her tune and admitted fault.

I did feel sorry for the van that hit me in the first incident. His reactions were just a bit slower than mine and he did not transition from accelerating away from the lights to heavy braking a quickly or heavily as I did. The light to the jumper had been red for a least 5 seconds before they busted it. The junction used to be a RaB and the jumper may have thought it still was. :headbash:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 16:14 
Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 23:26
Posts: 9238
Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
SafeSpeedv2 wrote:
How do you mean 'attract others' Botach ?


Soz ,SS2- missed that bit .I was thinking of one road locally ,where there's always a lot of learners parked ,outside the test centre ,on both sides of the road, making it single file for a bit. You are about to enter a section, and know that you will be almost out of it before the coming in the opposite direction gets to their side of the section, if they slow down a bit. But I've seen a lot of folks playing car chicken in this area. So it's do you stop ,or don't you ,and the attract bit - you might recognise one of the local boy racers ,at the last moment and brake. You can stop ,but is tailgaiter behind you going to .Or it could be a learner with a lot slower reactions than myself .

_________________
lets bring sanity back to speed limits.
Drivers are like donkeys -they respond best to a carrot, not a stick .Road safety experts are like Asses - best kept covered up ,or sat on


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.315s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]