Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:06 
Life Member
Life Member

I registered an account on CSCP and it said that my sign-up was successful, but before I could post the administrator has to check all new accounts. Fair enough, I suppose. Except that when I went back a couple of days later, it said that my account does not exist.

So I signed up again, waited a couple of days, and the same thing has happened again. Not sure if it's just incompetence, or if they somehow know I'm not gonna be on their side! No wonder polls show a majority in favour of cameras, if the people who run the partnership get to decide who can speak.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:31 

Zamzara wrote:
No wonder polls show a majority in favour of cameras, if the people who run the partnership get to decide who can speak.

I think they have been struggling to get support recently. Most of the posts have been VERY negative.

As far as I can tell "they" have to approve before you get on but on the other hand they have not been arround much over the Christmas break. Also the site has been difficult to access so they may have had system problems.

Keep on trying.....I think things are going to get realy hot on there over the next couple of weeks... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:01 

I'd say it's more likely that no-one is around to approve the account and that it'll get OK'd in a few days when someone comes back into the office.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 13:01 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

There are only two "pending" memberships at the moment. One is a friend of mine (Bert) and the other is an Adam. If you are neither of them, then your pending membership has indeed been deleted.

I had that happen too for inexplicable reasons and e-mailed them directly expressing my displeasure. My subsequent application went through.

A precondition of joining is a nonvolatile e-mail address, ie, one based on your permanent ISP instead of hotmail, yahoo etc. Was that the reason?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 17:48 
Life Member
Life Member

I used a nonvolatile email based on my own domain name, after I tried hotmail and it didn't work, so that's not the problem.

My account doesn't exist at all anymore, it existed for the first couple of days minus posting rights, but now it's been vaporized. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 17:40 
User

Its hotting up over there with Steve in the firing line. if his dodges are as good as his post he'll be shot down in quick sticks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 01:35 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dw190 wrote:
Its hotting up over there with Steve in the firing line. if his dodges are as good as his post he'll be shot down in quick sticks.

The "unanswered questions" have been replaced by odd on-the-record quotes more bizarre than you could imagine.

Gareth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 14:41 
Life Member
Life Member

Well I finally got it to work, after submitting my application a third time. Typical scammer efficiency I suppose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 21:49 
User

Zamzara wrote:
Well I finally got it to work, after submitting my application a third time. Typical scammer efficiency I suppose.

How quick do you think you could get a ban from the forum?