Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: "Scanny" gone AWOL!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 22:52 
User

No problems mate just it seemed strange you went AWOL for what seemed a long time as one post thought you may have been involved in an accident on the A14 in early Dec. last year.

If "Sixy" wants to PM me thats fine as I won,t give out any private details to anyone such as mob. no,s etc.

Just glad to see you are ok as I have had some serious and good replies to some of my posts and as I say there is nothing wrong with your views as even if I don,t agree with them at least you don,t resort to denegrating or belittling the other posters on the sites I have seen your posts on.

Unlike some (who shall be nameless) who like to think that because someone is not a wagon driver they don,t know what they are talking about and as far as I am concerned "EVERYONE" irrespective of the fact that they might not be a driver are entitled to post on the "truckers sites" as there is nothing wrong with hearing from the ones who don,t do the job as they have a different perspective on what the job entails and it is good to,hear from"the other side" so to speak.

"He Who Ain,t Made Mistakes Ain,t Made Anything"

Spannernut

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 00:35 
User

i dont go further south than middlesbrough in the east or birmingham down west (double manned) although i will admit to being a bit twitchy lately with the winds being high. No incidents so far though. I agree that it is saddening to hear about the drivers who have lost their lives. I hate hearing about them. As for Sixy, i have known her for at least 2 years on the forums. Her other half is a driver and she works in transport. I say her opinion is as credible as either of ours.

SSAFA supporter
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126025031585

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 09:41 
User

:oops: I never intended to start a mass debate on the issue :lol:

I would never pass on someone's contact details without their permission, so that's cool with me Scanny mate. You don't wanna come further south anyway (I know you used to live down this way) if the jobs and money were there up north, I'd be back there in a flash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 16:11 
User

there is always someone who can contact me outside the forums. Thats how i hear about whats going on even when i cant access them myself. I always keep my eyes and ears open to make sure you lot behave yourselves :wink: :lol:

SSAFA supporter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 16:23 
User

scanny77 wrote:
there is always someone who can contact me outside the forums. Thats how i hear about whats going on even when i cant access them myself. I always keep my eyes and ears open to make sure you lot behave yourselves :wink: :lol:

Oh my god... oi Stormin - we'd better start behaving! :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Scanny Gone AWOL!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 22:25 
User

"Sixy_The_Red" I am always a "Goody two Shoes" (so Matron tells me) and I just do (like all other good husbands) what "Matron" sez! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Check for a PM from yours truly :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Spannernut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 23:56 
User

Stormin wrote:
"Sixy_The_Red"

Check for a PM from yours truly :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink:

This is how rumours start :lol:

Psst! The 'p' in pm stands for private :wink: :lol:

SSAFA supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 19:08 
User

Welcome back to the land of the living again (grumpy) :lol: :lol: :lol: "Scanny77" glad you have told us what the "P" stands for but what about the "M" :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just some people have a warped mind or sense of humour (or both) :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x

As for rumours starting the time to worry is when they stop as then that is when the proverbial is usually about to hit the fan and it is time to put the tin hat on :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spannernut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 20:10 
User

i was only messing mate. I think the majority of the users of this section know and respect each other enough to have a bit of banter :)

Aside from that, i like Sixy and Nos. They seem to be a really nice couple and if i thought for a second that someone was trying to get between them i would be the first to tell them to back off. Recent events in my life have strengthened my views on the value of friendship

SSAFA supporter

Post subject: "Scanny gone AWOL"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 20:55 
User

No problem mate as I don,t take offence at what people say on these sites as life is to short to get bothered what is said :wink: :wink: :wink:

I enjoy the banter as it makes for a good bit of fun as there is a serious side as well but we all have to let our hair down now and again (well those that have any) :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I said on another site about a "Stalker" that did get under my skin as comments like that are stupid and show the intelligence of the poster!!!!!!!!!!!!

It as just that as you hadn,t been on for some time one guy thought that something serious had happened to you as you are on here and others on a regular basis but as we see you are back with a vengeance :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Spannernut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 21:09 
User

it is a scary thought when someone knows who to speak to at your agency and points out you have been spotted. He didnt mention i was driving a 1 week old truck though :lol:

I found that thread on google. Said my piece (making my points clear as usual :twisted: ) and havent been back since. As i said to Sixy the other day, our group here is small but the members are decent. I will give as good as i get but i cant be arsed mate. Having an issue with someone is one thing but bitching for the sake of it? No ta. Btw, how old are the guys in there? :roll:

SSAFA supporter

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 14:49 
New User
New User

Hello everybody,
Ive been looking round,and I feel the time is right to introduce myself :

My name is Will and I drive for DCL based in Lancashire doing general haulage,I normaly have a HUGE monkey in my cab sat next to me but at the minute hes sat inside the house.

My passion is my web site,giving me a chance to let my family and people I know see what Iam up to,it also lets me get things off my chest like for example the state of service stations showers,crappy car drivers and the like.But it also acts as a diary over the years.

I have been over in Ireland for most of last year,and the year before that I worked for MRS (the less said the better) - i am now back at DCL and I must say its one of the best firms a person could work for - other than Becks,Cadburys or maybe a fishing tackle testing company based in the Bahamas.

You can see what I get upto here - www.jonester.co.uk

Again - nice to meet you all

Will

Post subject: Monkey in the Cab
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 16:32 
User

Welcome "Jonester" to the site but I would be a bit careful saying things like "I have a monkey in the middle of the cab" with me when I am driving as some might think you have got it the wrong way round :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :? :? :? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Obviously you have the same problems as the rest of us drivers, poor or non-existant service areas and little or no facilities of which you pay a small fortune for to park overnight even something like a television would be nice to pass off a few ours off duty. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The "Nimby" culture of we don,t want you parking here for the night so go somewhere else to park where it won,t be safe for the driver or the cargo :roll: :roll: :roll:

We could write a book on the antics of the car drivers who seem to think that they bought the road with the car and those orange things on each corner which they think are xmas decoration lights only to be used at xmas (if they remember) as the majority of them just point the car in the direction they are going and assume you have mastered the art of telepathy and MUST know where they are going especially on roundabouts when they take up the 2 or 3 lanes and then are up in arms when you decide they are turning left or going straight on and suddenly find themselves facing 44 tonnes of metal crossing their path because they chose "not to use the orange thing on the corner" of the car :!: :!: :!: :x :x :x

You say you worked for MRS is that the co. from Bathgate :?: :?: :?:

You seem to have a bit of a bad history of MRS and without calling them I had an instance some years ago with one of theirs at Trafford Park when turning right on a r/bout in the correct R/H lane, this herbert chose to come round me side / saddle (on the inside) and as he was loaded if he had touched his brakes it would have been on it,s side and where did it get him, 100 yds up the road at the same set of lights where I stopped right alongside him so what was the purpose of all the racing round like a lunatic :?: :?: :?:

With antics like this is it any wonder lorry drivers get a bad press :?: :?: :?:

Spannernut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 16:25 
User

welcome aboard Jonester :D

i know of MRS and i have had less than professional experiences with them too. they are local to me and i dont rate them very highly. less than £7 an hour for class 1 says it all :x

SSAFA supporter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 23:26 
User

hey dont forget meeeee im the idiot that comes and rescues you guys when you get in a bit of a pickle :angel:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 18:58 
User

recoveryman wrote:
hey dont forget meeeee im the idiot that comes and rescues you guys when you get in a bit of a pickle :angel:

the idiot that comes along with a better looking truck than we have :x :lol:

SSAFA supporter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:54 
User

hey i only came 3rd at my last show!!!!!!!!! lol i currently have a little 14 ton freightliner wich is our little sporty number ;) however we do have some very pretty trucks :) any one wanting pics just send me an email addy and il send some our fleet currently consists of merc 4454 8 wheeler daf xf 8 wheeler scammel 6x6 stralis 6x4 mack 6x4 daf cf unimog 4x4 my freightliner mercedes 1023 volvo fm9 26 ton accident unit iveco 12 ton slide bed and numerous 7 1/2 ton slidebeds of various makes :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 00:26 
User

only 3rd? im an agency driver so i get anything to drive (although not always a bad truck) and when im not at work i have a car that barely works. head is gone, clutch is slipping in 5th and the gearbox is buggered

dont come here talking to me about shows when i couldnt even get to truckfest this year :lol:

SSAFA supporter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 13:13 
User

scanny next year il come and pick u up for truckfest!!!!!!! might even give you a treat and use the v8 actros ;) cos reading through posts i realise u like them lol as for your cars head and buggered gearbox well you will buy rovers (just guessing here lol) and look on the bright side when it finally goes bang youl help the tow truck economy when it gets towed!!!! :clap: :lol: ian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 16:29 
User

Lol

I live in Peterborough and don't go to Truckfest !!

I drive the bloody things all week.. buggered if I want to be near them at weekends !!

Would an office table manufacturer (worker) go to a show for Office Tables ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next