It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 05:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CSCP Fixed Scameras
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 13:59 
Camera Partnership Staff
Camera Partnership Staff

CarlP wrote:
JJ wrote:
What would your option be for best practice?

No, this is a discussion about the procedures that you have in place already so as you do not waste any of the emergency services' time with stupid NIPs and the like. You said these procedures are there, in place and that you will not waste any of their time.

Where are these procedures? Or are you now admitting you do waste (at least some of) their time?

Not at all.
I could just post up a procedure for you to all have a go at. What I would rather do is see what your opinions are before I do this. Its easy for you all to have a go but its harder to come up with an acceptable procedure.
Go on have a go at it.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: CSCP Fixed Scameras
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 14:48 
Camera Partnership Staff
Camera Partnership Staff

CarlP wrote:
JJ wrote:
We use Video and photographic evidence that is processed by an operator. Operators are instructed to ignore vehicles that are carrying out emergency or Police duties. Our camera operators are also instructed in the same. I don't think thats to hard to understand is it.

And how do you know if it's on emergency or police duty when a GATSO takes the picture? After all, you're not going to be able to see if its lights are on or off...

Easy! We dont have Gatso's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 15:54 
User

You won't have the ones you have for very long if Captain Gatso gets up here and burns them down!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 18:08 
User

As I stated in the first topic on this thread, Steve confirmed a while ago on the CSCP forum that emergency vehicles showing blue lights were not to be targeted by the Talivans - we're clear on that point.

I am fully aware of ACPO's 2004 "instruction" not to issue an NIP for an emergency vehicle if the blue lights are visible - trouble is, they aren't always visible on the photos are they?

Lancs Ambulance Service (sick of wasting their resources responding to NIP's) on their latest batch of ambulances have a special light next to the number plate which stays lit when the blue lights are on - this is visible on photos and the scammers (under great pressure from the then Home Secretary) agreed to accept this as proof of an emergency call.

My solution JJ? - in the absence of the above being implemented:-

1) On viewing a vehicle registered to the emergency services, you either take it on trust that it IS on an emergency call or

2) Go ahead regardless and issue an NIP. When the service concerned confirms the vehicle was on an emergency call, YOU are liable for their costs. £1000 per NIP should cover it.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 20:51 
Camera Partnership Staff
Camera Partnership Staff

kendalian wrote:
My solution JJ? - in the absence of the above being implemented:-

1) On viewing a vehicle registered to the emergency services, you either take it on trust that it IS on an emergency call or

2) Go ahead regardless and issue an NIP. When the service concerned confirms the vehicle was on an emergency call, YOU are liable for their costs. £1000 per NIP should cover it.... :lol:

Neither, keep trying.