It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 08:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 18:01 
Camera Partnership Staff
Camera Partnership Staff

Mad Moggie wrote:
JJ wrote:
JT wrote:
Imagine, if you will, what effect it might have on the relatives of some accident victim, were they to be handed a white carnation by one of these misguided clowns, whom I assume genuinely believes that this sensationalist crusade is somehow going to get a useful safety message across, rather than just offending and generally pissing off the populace!

Imagine indeed. A person such as you describe thought this is exactly what is required and has offered support and help.
Not exactly what you thought eh!

Really? I do not believe this for one moment. My wife's family lost one member in a non-fauilt RTA and I nearly lost Wildy in another. If someone handed me any such flower in Keswick, Kendal or wherever, I can guarantee said flower would have been stuffed in a very appropriate place. Both myself and Wildy would have been very rude if we had been given such a flower or approached in any way.

Probably because my wife and myself would have been spared much anguish had a so-called officer in a Panda decided not to chase a marginal speeder (even then - some fail to use discretion and Wildy herself has already had plenty to say on PH over this! - so it's no secret!).

In fact, I find it as offensive as "Brake" asking me to publish photos of my wife's injuries (which had nothing tp do with any speeding driver and more to do with an inept policeman who failed to stop the offending driver whom he observed swerving - opting to chase a marginal speeder instead :twisted: ) and you expect me to respect your so-called professionalism over sick stunts such as this one?

Might I remind you as well a significant number of my patients are terminal. They would not take very kindly to my giving them a flower to remind them of impending death.

As a campaign - it will not impact and it is not welcomed by people like myself who really know and understand the true nature of trauma!

In blunt terms - Callaghan - and I don't really care if Paul is annoyed with me for saying so - you are a callous OAF!

I think I am more than qualified in both personal and professional terms to pass this judgement on you! It is a fair judgement - I think. You just fail to think things through! You may think your little stunts are harmless and even welcome. I can assure you as a medic dealing with very nasty deaths and traumas and as someone who faced losing someone really loved by all who know her - that this is a very cheap and callous stunt - and will not get any message across. Aware that the Swiss relatives have already told you to focus on what really matters in road safety - COAST, POWER and dangers of drugs, illness and fatigue. Speed is not the only cause of RTC and you simply fail to acknowledge as your sole aim from everything I have observed since your set up convinces me that you are only concerned with retaining a lucrative and well paid NON- JOB!

(ALSO - if you posted as "Chumps! - not forgotten or forgiven what you posted when my youngest was born - think that really shows what kind of person we are really dealing with - in any case!

Sorry folks - but I am really angry over this story! I also dislike hypocrites! Intensely!

If you knew Steve you would not be using this type of tone. Our objective is to reduce casualtys we cannot do that by cameras alone, we need to get the message across in other ways. If it takes hard hitting messages to do that then so be it. I take it from your response it has. Then it works. If Steve continues to take personal abuse on this forum then, I see no other choice but to leave. You decide

JJ

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 19:10 
Former Police Officer
Former Police Officer

JJ wrote:
I am sorry you did not like the say it with flowers campaign, but for those drivers who can not get through there heads that speeding, and bad driving is killing people, then I am afraid we are going to have use other methods. That campaign is one of them. And unfortunately you are very much in the minority regarding your thoughts on the matter.

JJ

Care to post the evidence to support this ? (underlined)

As for:

Quote:
If you knew Steve you would not be using this type of tone.

Why, will he send his stormtroopers round ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And:
Quote:
If Steve continues to take personal abuse on this forum then, I see no other choice but to leave. You decide

Hmmm....I seem to recall seeing this 'threat' ('Promise'<fingers crossed>) earlier !

AFAIAC......
Bye-Bye.....(my decision)

You will only be missed for your pathetic meaningless 'one liners' when stuck for a truthful answer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 20:28 
User

Quote:
JJ wrote:
[quote="Mad Moggie"
saying he finds his local "Gauleiter a bit tedious at times - hinting strongly that he finds this campaign a bit silly!

If you knew Steve you would not be using this type of tone. Our objective is to reduce casualtys we cannot do that by cameras alone, we need to get the message across in other ways. If it takes hard hitting messages to do that then so be it. I take it from your response it has. Then it works. If Steve continues to take personal abuse on this forum then, I see no other choice but to leave. You decide

JJ

Trouble is - it does not work. It annoys.

You are still only focusing on one issue. I would bet your casualties are the same as elsewhere (including our patch) - young and inexperienced making all kinds of silly mistakes which sometimes end in tragedy. Some, as we all know, are not always the result of excess speed as such on their part - but more taking a corner above an advisory; not realising the importance of tyre tread and correct tyre pressure or even the balanced loading of their vehicle.

Perhaps you would have done better to have run a campaign on these aspects and hammered home the need to learn more about vehicle maintenance and importance of constant learning =- rather than hand out flowers by a hearse.

If you think he was rude on here - can guarantee he (and especially his wife (my cousin) ) would have been a less polite in the flesh - had they been handed one of these flowers. The widow of the person who caused Wildy's accident placed a bouquet at the accident site. She also sent Wildy flowers on each anniversary for the 6 years they were fighting his insurance company.

They see flowers as pure hypocrisy as a result. They also received a lot of unwarranted flak over a refusal to publish photos as part of an anti-speed campaign - as the accident was not really a speed issue and Wildy herself is very attractive and embarrassed over those scars on her body.

Perhaps my cousin-in-law has also hit a raw nerve over the crassness of this campaign as well. I don't think he is in a minority either. You say our posters are not popular - think they at least get the message across more positively and less antagonistically than this campaign. We also have them placed strategically over our most dangerous roads as well to get the message across clearly and without potential insult to anyone.

You don't know me :wink: personally (or at least I think we may have met briefly once a long time ago) or the Mad Cats. She is just beautiful inside and out - and he is very fair minded and firm - but both are uncompromising on crassness - and they think the campaign can offend any bereaved person.

I do not wish to sound critical but the last thing any person recently bereaved wishes to see is a hearse in a very prominent campaign - however well intentioned. It does not have to be a road traffic tragedy either - people do die from other causes. Can be a bit insensitive on that basis - and think I should at least point this out so that you could perhaps have another think.

If you like - you can contact us and use our posters :wink: We probably won't charge for the service!

Only too willing to help our neighbours - our campaigns are at least successful! :wink: :wink: :lol:

Hope I have not offended and at least pointed out why the campaign appears insensitive.

Hope you can at least understand why the Mad Doc would be annoyed about this as well - that little unit in this large family really went through a bad time with that guy's widow and her unwanted flowers - and he really tried to be reasonable with the widow as well - they did not blame or show anger.

A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight (P Diller).

A Smiley Per post
FINES USfor our COAST!

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon - but driving with a smile and a COAST calm mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 01:01 

I'd just like to remind you, JJ (or whoever!) that the "REALITY" of the situation is that you have presided over a steady increase in fatalities since you started your partnership.

In your last post you seem to be getting close to an admission that speed isn't the only problem. That's good. What we now need you to do is to admit that speed is actually A VERY MINOR PROBLEM at that.

Then maybe you'll start seeing some of the results you were hoping for.

-assuming, of course, that a reduction in fatalities IS one of the results you were hoping for?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 08:48 
User

JJ wrote:

Some of us have got to know Steve very well. He is deceptive, makes blatant errors and then tries to justify them ('automatically' deleted threads come to mind), tries to hide behind false or other people's identities (even when they resolve to an IP address registered in his name), and believes he is always right, and has said so on at least one occasion.

So, who cares if you/he leaves. You have made a terrible job of hiding the fact that both of you are trying to manipulate the one ID to try and disguise his meddling in this forum, and we don't need that, so get lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:33 
Life Member
Life Member

Mole wrote:
In your last post you seem to be getting close to an admission that speed isn't the only problem.

Mole, I don't believe he implied anything of the sort. Speed is the only problem as far as they're concerned, but they cannot reduce speed by cameras alone.

Cheers
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:45 
Life Member
Life Member

JJ wrote:
I take it from your response it has.

No it hasn't. We are sickened by your callous disregard for the feelings of the bereaved, and total lack of respect for the dead - that's all.

And your campaign is doing absolutely nothing to reduce death and bereavement.

Quote:
If Steve continues to take personal abuse on this forum then, I see no other choice but to leave. You decide

I think, JJ, Steve, or whoever you are, that you're just looking for an excuse to weasel your way out of here, to avoid answering awkward questions.
Problem is, if you do leave, you will have lost any credibility which you may still have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 23:15 
User

They lost what ever bit of credibility they had when they started censoring peoples posts on that "joke forum" on their inane website. Loss of face, credibility and ability to communicate adequately with people isnt something new to these jokers.
What a bunch of wasters....and they have the brass neck to say theyre "saving lives"?
Who do they think theyre kidding with their falsified and massaged stats, blatant lies and childish threats?
The calibre of our opponents is not high and they demonstrate it every time they open their mouths and try to tell us what to do.

I have only one thing to say to em, and i think i may well speak for a large number of people when i say, The cscp are a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 14:34 
Camera Partnership Staff
Camera Partnership Staff

DeltaF wrote:
They lost what ever bit of credibility they had when they started censoring peoples posts on that "joke forum" on their inane website. Loss of face, credibility and ability to communicate adequately with people isnt something new to these jokers.
What a bunch of wasters....and they have the brass neck to say theyre "saving lives"?
Who do they think theyre kidding with their falsified and massaged stats, blatant lies and childish threats?
The calibre of our opponents is not high and they demonstrate it every time they open their mouths and try to tell us what to do.

I have only one thing to say to em, and i think i may well speak for a large number of people when i say, The cscp are a joke.

How come every time you open your mouth or put pen to paper all that comes out is a load of garbage. You are the only comedian around here. What have you done about road safety. Let me think, nothing ! except redicule those who are attemting to do so.

I thought this site was about road safety issues I was wrong its about slagging of safety cameras.

JJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 14:40 
User

JJ wrote:
How come every time you open your mouth or put pen to paper all that comes out is a load of garbage. You are the only comedian around here. What have you done about road safety. Let me think, nothing ! except redicule those who are attemting to do so.

I thought this site was about road safety issues I was wrong its about slagging of safety cameras.

This post definitely came from JJ :wink:

And what precisely have you done about road safety, apart from collect a wage for claiming to improve things while more people died??

By the way - we want the answer in terms of positive actions that have a demonstrable effect, with all other possible inlfuences you have no control over accounted for. If you can't do that then don't bother replying as your answer will be the usual rubbish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 16:39 
Camera Partnership Staff
Camera Partnership Staff

r11co wrote:
JJ wrote:

This post definitely came from JJ :wink:

And what precisely have you done about road safety, apart from collect a wage for claiming to improve things while more people died??

By the way - we want the answer in terms of positive actions that have a demonstrable effect, with all other possible inlfuences you have no control over accounted for. If you can't do that then don't bother replying as your answer will be the usual rubbish.

Usual reply I see!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 16:43 

JJ wrote:
Usual reply I see!

That's rich coming from the most predictable poster on the board!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 17:01 
Former Police Officer
Former Police Officer

CarlP wrote:
JJ wrote:
Usual reply I see!

Hmmm....would that be...callaghan? or, his 'glove puppet' ?

:mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 17:34 
User

And still JJ (or the SG) has not and cannot tell us how cameras addressing about 5% of accident causation can save a life.

One might see how better driver training and re-testing (inc eyesight) might save lives.
One might see how better vehicle engineering might - indeed does - save lives.
One might see how getting drunk and drugged drivers off the road might save lives.
One might see how removing rusty old unroadworthy vehicles from the road might save lives.
One might see how better education of children (and indeed some adults) in respect of the Highway Code (Green Cross Code - what happened to that?) might save lives.
One might see how more actively prosecuting dangerous and careless drivers might save lives.
One might see how better road engineering and road signing might save lives,

But how might cameras save lives. Oh, by taking photographs of people driving safely a few miles an hour over the posted limit! Well I never!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 19:57 
User

oneJJ and not sure which one wrote:

I am sorry you did not like our say it with flowers campaign, but for those drivers who can not get through there heads that speeding, and bad driving is killing people, then I am afraid we are are going to have to use other methods. That campaign is one of them. And unfortunately your are very much in the minority regarding your thoughts on the matter/

Hmm! Asked all I work with about this (and Wildy asked her pals and colleagues) - straw poll of these people seemed to suggest otherwise regarding my "minority" opinion.

Bad driving and unfit drivers are the main cause of many accidents - not some bloke who drives safely above a prescribed limit for all of 20 yards at a scam site - usually yards from a speed limit change or on a slight gradient or camber which will pick up a margianl speed without necessarily pressing the "loud" pedal.

The highly publicised profile of a hearse and flowers is insensitive - especially to bereaved from other causes. Heaven only knows what a bereaved relative of one of my patients would have made of this. Do you really think someone who has gone shopping in Kendal to put the recent loss out of mind would wish to confront a hearse?

another JJ wrote:

JJ

I do not think I was overly abusive towards you - admittedly "oaf" may have been a tadge strong. :wink: It is not a hard hitting message - but an ill thought out one. That is my objection. People die for a variety of reasons and a hearse in a town centre may hinder a healing process for people bereaved for other reasons.

You really do have no idea of pyschology. When my wife was in hospital all those years ago now - last thing I would wished to have seen was a hearse to remind me that I may have been needing one. This applies to my current patients and families as well - and these are viral victims - not road ones.

You are persisting in using speed as the only reason for RTA/Cs and penalising drivers who are driving very safely - even if they are above an arbitrary limit. You are not targetting the really dangerous roads in any case. Your campaign - if it is genuinely aimed at improving road safety should be focusing on teaching people to cross roads properly; COAST skill development - as I would bet that most would choose a safe speed for prevailing conditions if reminded of these basics.

Sure - I can drive fast - and do it fairly safely. Sometime - I would need to under a green light on odd rare occasions.

But if you are strictly honest with yourselves - you would at least acknowledge that some of our local incidents are down to reasons other than speed - which hardly justifies this crude campaign. I woul dmuch rather see you reminding the general public of the dangers of driving whilst unfit and of the necessity to keep a vehicle in sound working order. Of course - I do admit to an understandable bias in this respect - but you are aware of this family's history in any case.....

Smilies are contagious
They are just like the flu
We use our smilies on YOU today
Now Good Causes are smiling too!

KEEP SMILING
It makes folk wonder just what you REALLY got up to last night!

Smily to penny.. penny to pound
safespeed prospers-smiles all round! !

But the real message? SMILE.. GO ON ! DO IT! and the world will smile with you!
Enjoy life! You only have the one bite at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 20:04 
User

Hanbo... wrote:
CarlP wrote:
JJ wrote:
Usual reply I see!

Hmmm....would that be...callaghan? or, his 'glove puppet' ?

No. Carl is spot on. That one is definitely JJ's - you can recognise his 'style'. He's posted something similar in here or the CSCP forum dozens of times when he runs out of an argument (I call it his 'childish' reply and have so several times now).

He usually fails to answer the question I usually follow up with too....

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 20:15 
User

Cooperman wrote:
And still JJ (or the SG) has not and cannot tell us how cameras addressing about 5% of accident causation can save a life.

One might see how better driver training and re-testing (inc eyesight) might save lives.
One might see how better vehicle engineering might - indeed does - save lives.
One might see how getting drunk and drugged drivers off the road might save lives.
One might see how removing rusty old unroadworthy vehicles from the road might save lives.
One might see how better education of children (and indeed some adults) in respect of the Highway Code (Green Cross Code - what happened to that?) might save lives.
One might see how more actively prosecuting dangerous and careless drivers might save lives.
One might see how better road engineering and road signing might save lives,

But how might cameras save lives. Oh, by taking photographs of people driving safely a few miles an hour over the posted limit! Well I never!

Ian H wrote:
I'm not sure that motorways necessarily add significantly to the stats.

Our stretch of motorway (including A74) was responsible for 6 Fatal RTCs last year, (7 fatalities)
3 were drunk pedestrians killed because they staggered or ran on to the carriageway.
2 were HGV RTCs.
1 involved a car which left the carriageway colliding with a motorway bridge.

I dont suppose I need to make any comment - the M6 is obviously a safer place since Steve placed his cameras there - not one of those says "driver in excess of posted limit, and ignoring speed camera" therefore he must be having an effect :(
How many accidents were there the year before?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 18:15 
User

Interesting one this, the hearse - not the ensuing bundle - as I've been involved in what might seem to some to be a 'tasteless' road safety display. So I'll tell you about it.

It was in a carnival, several years ago. We had an articulated lorry. Our 'theme' was explained on the 30ft. long banners (whot I painted) "Basingstoke & Deane Road Safety Unit (on one line of 1ft. high characters) You meet the nicest people when you have a crash" (1ft high text below).

And on the truck we had a crashed biker, with fireman & paramedic, a (real) hospital bed, with patient, nurse & Dr., another patient in a wheelchair . . . and at the back of the trailor, me, dressed as a vicar, and with a (real) coffin. Whole ensemble escorted front and back by ambulances.

I have to be honest, at the time I didn't worry about whether any people watching were upset. The thought never occurred to me.

Not long after I helped the late Dave Taylor at a couple of his schools' displays. For those who don't know the name, he was a 60s cafe racer, and the 'Wheelie King' and made his name performing stunt riding during motorsport events. He wheelied around the 37 mile 'TT' course.

But he was also a vociferous road safety campaigner (and towards the end of his life, environmental campaigner). His schools displays started outside, with him showing machine control, riding over the roof of his trailor, wheelies etc.

Then the event moved indoors, and he'd talk to the kids about how great it is to get the freedom of your own car or bike.

And then he'd tell how he watched two of his friends die at the side of the road.

It was hard-hitting, during at least one of them I saw a girl breakdown in tears after the recent death of a friend.

But I'm sure those kids got the message.

On local TV news last week there was similar type of event in Surrey, theatre-based. And shots of a similarly upset girl, for the same reasons.

Serious Q: What do you people think of the events & tableaux as described?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 18:50 

The big difference here is "targetted message + targetted audience", whereas in the Cumbrian example it's a vague message of little or no practical value, with a completely random audience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 19:09 
User

JJ wrote:
DeltaF wrote:

JJ

You, my awsomley silly friend obviously have a problem with freedom of speech, just as you do with freedom of information.
You also have a problem with calling a spade a "spade".
I refer to your usage of the term "safety" cameras....theyre SPEED cameras, ok? Geddit now? They measure SPEED, ONLY speed, and NOTHING ELSE but SPEED!

You repeat the same tired arguments regarding "what have you done for road safety" everytime we cross swords....and everytime we do i keep reminding you; I avoid becoming or involving myself in someone elses collisions; I avoid running over pedestrians and cute bunnies; I dont drink drive and i adhere to the rest of the rules of the road apart from speeding law, while all the time racking UP the miles and proving you antisocial types to be the liars and cash grabbers you are.
Does that answer the question adequately?

And now for todays joke....Did you hear the one about the ACPO chief who loved cameras then didnt like cameras and then fell out with the rest of ACPO after being accused of too much flashing?
Or, how about the CSCP? Theyre a larf and the jokes on you.

Ps JJ, the only "garbage" is your stats. And the only reason theyre are garbage? Garbage IN.

:) toodleoo old bean....keep taking the Kalms....